• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy Question for SS Vendors and/or GW owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Those cardboard foraging perches are fantastic!!!!

Doris your set up is absolutely fantastic! With all the ideas I have gotten from those of you who have such great set ups Darren is going to be SO busy when spring arrives lol!

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
You mean these: Forage Perches ?
Oh man, I was so picking up and looking at these when I was at the warehouse. They are really cool!
Are these new on the market? We've never seen these before...wow!
I wonder how long it lasts a GW.
Love this idea!

Doris

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Are these new on the market? We've never seen these before...wow!
I wonder how long it lasts a GW.
Love this idea!

Doris
They've been out for 2-3 months. Very popular, I have sold a ton of them! Huge hit with my birds, and apparently many of my customer's birds, as most bought 1 or 2 and them came back and bought 2, 4 or 6 more!

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
We are the same way. Shop completely separate from the house, no birds in the shop, no visitors, no shoppers. We don't do bird shows, ever. We also do not accept returns.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
They've been out for 2-3 months. Very popular, I have sold a ton of them! Huge hit with my birds, and apparently many of my customer's birds, as most bought 1 or 2 and them came back and bought 2, 4 or 6 more!
So it's basically heavy cardboard, folded like an accordian shape? but super tight...with, what...shreddable stuff inserted? Quite interesting, indeed!

Doris

toos&macaws

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
We also well alot of large and extra large toys and swings!! We actually started because there weren't a lot of toy manufacturers that were making the larger toys. Here are some suggestions from MP Bird Toys. Just go to our site http://www.mpbirdtoys.com and I would suggest in our toys section under large toys, getting a stainless steel corkscrew (large or jumbo) and then you can purchase any of the refill kits to fill it up. I have many clients that have done this. Our Avian Wood is like no other. We have our wood trucked in to the mill and we hand select all our wood. Then we remove all the exterior so we can start with a fresh, clean wood to start making into all our fabulous shapes. The wood we use is not like the pine wood you can get from hardware stores. It actually is chewed off in small pieces and then chewed into even small pieces so you end up with toothpicks under where he chews. If I could get some samples to you before Friday I would. Let me know.

Also, please check out our Atoms and Swings section. I have alot of friends and clients who have GW, Blue-throats, and Scarlets who have been my testers for years. If they are satisfied, then it passes our testing process. Most of the larger birds that are on our site are very destructive parrots who love to chew.:p

Hope this helps and I would love to give you any other suggestions. Just ask!!:)

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
So it's basically heavy cardboard, folded like an accordian shape? but super tight...with, what...shreddable stuff inserted? Quite interesting, indeed!

Doris
It's several long sturdy pieces of cardboard put together with chews stuck in it. It's really great. The large is REALLY long.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
We also well alot of large and extra large toys and swings!! We actually started because there weren't a lot of toy manufacturers that were making the larger toys. Here are some suggestions from MP Bird Toys. Just go to our site http://www.mpbirdtoys.com and I would suggest in our toys section under large toys, getting a stainless steel corkscrew (large or jumbo) and then you can purchase any of the refill kits to fill it up. I have many clients that have done this. Our Avian Wood is like no other. We have our wood trucked in to the mill and we hand select all our wood. Then we remove all the exterior so we can start with a fresh, clean wood to start making into all our fabulous shapes. The wood we use is not like the pine wood you can get from hardware stores. It actually is chewed off in small pieces and then chewed into even small pieces so you end up with toothpicks under where he chews. If I could get some samples to you before Friday I would. Let me know.

Also, please check out our Atoms and Swings section. I have alot of friends and clients who have GW, Blue-throats, and Scarlets who have been my testers for years. If they are satisfied, then it passes our testing process. Most of the larger birds that are on our site are very destructive parrots who love to chew.:p

Hope this helps and I would love to give you any other suggestions. Just ask!!:)
We have every size of your SS corkscrews! Your SS corkscrew is the ONLY toy inside any of our 6 birds' cages. In our opinion, it is extremely safe, since we just slip wooden parts on the ss rod.
Fabulous toy!
In addition, we have been buying so many of your wooden toys for years. A few Canadian companies carried your toys - but we heard you no longer sell wholesale to Canada? Could you please clarify that?
Our Hahns LOVES your mini maize crunch.

Doris

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Hi Doris,

Mijo is gorgeous!! We have a section of destructible toys dedicated specifically to large parrots like your Mijo. (Our sidewalk sale offer is 25% off ALL toys/10% off all cages & food, 5% off everything else. See SS thread for the coupon codes)

You can browse all of our destructible toys for large parrots here:

Large Parrot Toys | Toys for Macaws | Toys for Cockatoos

My personal recommendations are the Cosmic Crunch Perch Spinners:

Cosmic Crunch Bird Perch Spinner

The Almond Foot Forager:

Almond Foot Forager for Parrots and Birds

The Orange Chewer/Strawberry Chewer is a HUGE toy with plenty of chewable chunks for big beaks:

Orange Chewer Parrot and Bird Toy

Strawberry Chewer Parrot and Bird Toy

The Banquet Toy is very popular among macaw owners:

Banquet Bird and Parrot Toy

And if you want to test your talent at making your own bird toys, we have a make-your-own-toy kit for large parrots that includes 66 pieces:

Large Make Your Own Bird Toy Kit

The Jumbo Bagel Mania toy is GREAT for big birds. And just as the name implies, it's HUGE and has lots of chewing and preening potential:

Jumbo Bagel Mania Parrot Toy

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
I have been looking at those foraging perches but due to their length it's probably expensive to ship to Iceland.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I have been looking at those foraging perches but due to their length it's probably expensive to ship to Iceland.
Well, to be honest, it depends on which size you get. I have shipped to Iceland and it wasn't too bad. The foraging perches are very light as well. :)

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
I would probably get the medium one. That one is 1" thick isn't it? So it would fit through the bars.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
California Bird Nerds sells large pine pieces that are made from 2 x 4. These would be perfect with 1/2" cotton rope, 3/8" sisal rope of are premade refillable chain bases.

toos&macaws

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
We have every size of your SS corkscrews! Your SS corkscrew is the ONLY toy inside any of our 6 birds' cages. In our opinion, it is extremely safe, since we just slip wooden parts on the ss rod.
Fabulous toy!
In addition, we have been buying so many of your wooden toys for years. A few Canadian companies carried your toys - but we heard you no longer sell wholesale to Canada? Could you please clarify that?
Our Hahns LOVES your mini maize crunch.

Doris
Hi Doris

I am so happy that you have the corkscrews. They are a real life safer for us. Our toos chew us out of house and home!!:eek: I only wish that my two macaws would chew on wood like them and like yours. The prefer either cardboard or towels??:confused: But they are happy and that is the most important thing!!

We have stopped wholesaling to stores because the cost of our stainless steel and rope has gone up so much over the years that we would either have to raise our retail prices, or stop selling to stores. So even though we knew that we would loose some exposure, we felt that we just could not raise our retail prices to our customers. We want to get a high-quality toy out to our customers for the least amount of cost to them. If you knew how much time was spent on the process of our wood, you would think we were crazy!!:rolleyes:

I know that Healthy Bird still gets some of our items. We try togive her as much of a discount as we can.

Anyway, thank you for all you do for you little guy:hehe: and I look forward to talking to so on the avenue!! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I would probably get the medium one. That one is 1" thick isn't it? So it would fit through the bars.
It is 1 in thick by 4 in wide (downward wide). A medium perch is easier to ship than a large for sure, but if it wouldn't fit your cage, then that probably wouldn't work.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Through USPS it would be between $30 and $35 to ship which to me would seem a little expensive for that alone, but, I would think you could potentially make your own, give it a brainstorm and see what you can come up with!

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
If this is helpful at all, I don't use mine as an actual perch. I just put nuts and fruits in it and lay on top of his cage. He chews that thing for hours. He will actually go get a drink and then climb right back up there to chew again. Definitely something I am going to have to keep at least one extra of.

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
the cage is 36" long and 28" deep with 1" bar spacing. I will probably order some later but right now I've gone way over my budget :D

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
the cage is 36" long and 28" deep with 1" bar spacing. I will probably order some later but right now I've gone way over my budget :D
I know how you feel! ;) Let me know in the future and I can help you out with shipping and the such. Feel free to email me at tamara@trueloveaviary.com

Status
Not open for further replies.