• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy Question for SS Vendors and/or GW owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Here is the one I was trying to find. Its is smaller and the GW that I visit is a very small GW he is 18 mos old and smaller than E. But he really seems to enjoy it.

Planet Pleasures Square Ladder

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Iggy's has different toys than Perfectly Parrot? Can you tell us some examples Mary Lynn? I would be interested in a list of some different toys to see how they add up with the sale coming up on Friday
Here are the Iggys toys that I am considering.
ML
Blocky Ladder
$16.50
Buncha Birdie Blocks
$24.50
Chewer's Delight

$29.50

Destructo 8-rope 2

$27.50

Jalapeno Oh!

$10.00

Large Busy Chimes

$27.50

Macaw Munchie Tree

$19.50

Mega Massive Muncher

$21.50

Pyramid Stack

$14.00

Stacks of Fourteen

$13.00

Stacks of Fourteen Alternating

$12.00

Stacks of Ten

$8.00

Stacks of Twelve

$10.00

Tremendous Tree

$20.75

Truly Triangular

$12.00

Ultimate Destructo 8-rope

$28.75

XL Candy

$11.75

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Are they all under the large toy section?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes - extra large bird toys.
ML

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Oh and for those of you who would rather natural wood instead of colored wood email or pm me ahead of the sale, we have "most" of the same colored toys also available in uncolored for the same prices, since we have had those requests before, they just aren't pictured at this time. I know some people don't like the dyes and the dyes are usually more for the humans than the birds but they are of course all bird safe/human grade coloring.

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Oh and on the XL and Jumbo candies, the XL is a softer wood so is destroyed a bit easier but the Jumbo is all hard wood so it will last a little longer :) Our greenwings seemed to do well with the Jumbo but our B&Gs Mac and Gajee do better with the XL they seem to get tired of the Jumbo ones before they destroy them completely, just rip off the paper and chew a little on the wood they seem to want quick destruction better than a longer lasting toy:hehe:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
That Macaw Medley is HUGE Shelly, love the picture of the B&G digging right in! I think E would really like that one, he acts like a birdie bagel is the all time enemy lol.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Wow those are some BIG toys!!! Great suggestions everyone!!
I know I personally want to eventually get one of those cardboard foraging perches for my little guys - but they are buzzsaws!! Hope all you big macaw owners are able to find something!!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Do you make most of those toys?
Oh and for those of you who would rather natural wood instead of colored wood email or pm me ahead of the sale, we have "most" of the same colored toys also available in uncolored for the same prices, since we have had those requests before, they just aren't pictured at this time. I know some people don't like the dyes and the dyes are usually more for the humans than the birds but they are of course all bird safe/human grade coloring.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
That Macaw Medley is HUGE Shelly, love the picture of the B&G digging right in! I think E would really like that one, he acts like a birdie bagel is the all time enemy lol.
It's a great toy. I originally made it for my buzz saw Blue-Throat. Our U2 loves it as well. I have a number of customers that finally bought the refillable version and just regularly order refills. It lasts quite awhile, which is a wonderful bonus!

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Do you have:
StarBird Get a Grip Large Short

I do know that my Macaw customers have Macaws that LOVE:
Birdie Bungie Extra Large 7' long

And some of the toys they order for their younger macaws are:
Happy Beaks Tremendous Chew
Paradise Toys Featherland Wood Blocks w/Leather
Paradise Toys Mr Robot Giant
Yes, we have the get a grip, as well as a larger version called the Crawler...and various StarBird Toys. Lots of shreddable stuff...
So far, the BEST toy we've bought for Mijo (GW) is the one in this pic below. The toy maker has no web site...it's a stainless steel toy, and all you do is refill with long wood slats.
Thanks, I will check the toys you've mentioned:)
Doris

A few pics of the SS toy...for size, I'm also sending one of our YNA, playing with the toy. It's huge! and keeps MIjo entertained for hours.

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie
Actually we make all the toys here. We have a workshop free of birds and a storage garage where they are kept after being made so all are safe and away from birds. We also know what dyes, chain, rope etc are used as well in all toys and if asked ahead of an order can make adjustments if there is a specific color/rope etc that you don't like included. On special orders we can usually ship in 2-3 days otherwise they usually go out in 24-48 hours. We try to keep a large number of all toys stocked and then make more as supplies get low.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
That is great to know that they are separate. That part about ordering homemade toys stresses me out.

Actually we make all the toys here. We have a workshop free of birds and a storage garage where they are kept after being made so all are safe and away from birds. We also know what dyes, chain, rope etc are used as well in all toys and if asked ahead of an order can make adjustments if there is a specific color/rope etc that you don't like included. On special orders we can usually ship in 2-3 days otherwise they usually go out in 24-48 hours. We try to keep a large number of all toys stocked and then make more as supplies get low.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
That is a super toy Doris

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
You guys are all sooo great!! Thank you, thank you....one & all. Love how everyone is so helpful here. Much appreciated.

It will be fun going through all of your replies and checking each web site & toy suggestion.
Doris

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
That is great to know that they are separate. That part about ordering homemade toys stresses me out.

Yea we are the same way with our homemade toys. :)

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Wow those are some BIG toys!!! Great suggestions everyone!!
I know I personally want to eventually get one of those cardboard foraging perches for my little guys - but they are buzzsaws!! Hope all you big macaw owners are able to find something!!
You mean these: Forage Perches ?
Oh man, I was so picking up and looking at these when I was at the warehouse. They are really cool!

iggysbirds

Real Name
Stephanie

Yes we don't want to buy toys made around or stored around other birds never knowing how "clean" they are kept or if the birds are all healthy so since we wouldn't want to buy them we never sell toys that we have around our birds. We also don't take/resell returns (although so far we have never had someone want to return LOL!) again not knowing if the buyer had the toys around their birds it is always better to be safe than sorry!! We even have separate toys that are stored to go to bird fairs that are not kept around our online order toys that way again no chance for cross contamination. Safe, Safe, Safe LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.