• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~~~TOY DRIVE AUCTIONS~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Those sound like the tubes that our large format rolls of paper arrive on. They're super durable, but I didn't know if ours were safe for birds. Once cut down, they would make great knockoff "bird bagels".

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
:) All in the name of fun! (and helping birds!)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I think 1 thread per item would be easier to find and keep up with bids.
Does everything need to be shipped to you @Danita ? Wouldn't that mean shipping and paying for shipping twice?

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
Okay, so we do one big auction @Deejo
So each item needs its own thread?
Which is what I was going to do.
I can run them all, no problem there.
Shipping them all to me, to ship elsewhere is a waste of shipping money so...
The winner um
:chin:
Thoughts?
That's right....one big auction, but each item is bid on separately.
It has to be decided in advance if winner pays shipping...or???
Every person donating items has to 100% on board with mailing the item out to the winner.
Some may opt to ship at no cost, within US...or within Canada. Or they need to set a shipping price which is posted in the brief item description.

The Parrot Posse has been doing it for many years with enormous success! They've helped countless birds.
I am sure that AA can do equally as well!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So everyone bids on one thread?

So my post would be....

$5.00 on item #2 Danitas sanity?

Will it be confusing if we have many items and you have to scroll through pages to see what an item is bid at?

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Will it be confusing if we have many items and you have to scroll through pages to see what an item is bid at?
Yep, especially if some items are only getting a few bids.

I think individual threads is a better idea if there's no other options (like FB)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Yep, especially if some items are only getting a few bids.

I think individual threads is a better idea if there's no other options (like FB)
Oh, shoot, I didn't think of that. :/ Dang

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can we do, just for one occasion, a forum section for the auction with individual threads on it?

Laura729

Jogging around the block
Those sound like the tubes that our large format rolls of paper arrive on. They're super durable, but I didn't know if ours were safe for birds. Once cut down, they would make great knockoff "bird bagels".
Yep - sounds like a slightly smaller version of paper roll tubes I am sometimes able to get from my office. They are great! I confirmed no glue or sealants were used in them (but it varies by manufacturer) and use them a lot for toys. :)

So, about a week ago, I messaged Macawnutz and told her that my work place has giant cardboard tubes. I know there is no glue on them. there is ink stamping, but I've been peeling it off. The tubes are about 16" long with a 3" inner diameter. They are probably about 3/16" thick.
My question is, would there be any interest in these as an auction item? I'm sure they would make study toy bases for larger birds, or even for birds who just love to chew the cardboard to shreds. I'm waiting to have the photos I took sent to me, the building is a pita to use with personal phones.
These are great for toy bases! I often cut them into smaller sections (the ones I get from my office are usually for 24x36" paper rolls) and use them to make side-mount toys for the macaws at my rescue (I worry about smaller - mid size birds getting heads or bodies stuck in the ones that size, but they aren't large enough for a macaw to try to stick their heads in). They really seem to like them and they are durable (even the hyacinths sometimes still have theirs a full week later...sometimes...).
Here are a few photos of my toy attempts (I'm not super talented at toy making, but they work, haha) with them for reference:
IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_6024.JPG

IMG_3363.JPG

Ocassionally we get smaller rolls in thinner tubes that look like paper towel tubes (but much thicker/stronger). I've used these for medium-large sized parrot toys (side mount or hanging):
IMG_3369.JPG

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
So everyone bids on one thread?

So my post would be....

$5.00 on item #2 Danitas sanity?

I don't think it will be at all confusing.
The bidder will know which item they are interested in (example, ITEM #27 ) - they simply watch that thread.
If it works like other threads, bidders will get the notifications when there's new action on an item, right?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I don't think it will be at all confusing.
The bidder will know which item they are interested in (example, ITEM #27 ) - they simply watch that thread.
If it works like other threads, bidders will get the notifications when there's new action on an item, right?

You are confusing FB with the forum. They will get a notification when any item gets a bid. Basically when anyone posts on that thread. We are not setup like fb where in a main thread you can comment on one reply. Understand?

We could do one main thread showing all the items in the auction house then individual threads for the bidding.

Deejo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris

You are confusing FB with the forum. They will get a notification when any item gets a bid. Basically when anyone posts on that thread. We are not setup like fb where in a main thread you can comment on one reply. Understand?

We could do one main thread showing all the items in the auction house then individual threads for the bidding.

No, actually I am not confusing AA with FB. What you just said, is exactly what I meant! LOL
Individual thread, for every item. That's what I said.

As for notifications, am I wrong?
AND...I am still on my first coffee! lol

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah