• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thoughts on bar spacing and brand?

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
So I've seen this cage on CL for a few weeks and debated if I should get it. Thing is, I can't tell if the bar spacing is too big. :unsure:
If it's too big I'll just end up getting another 32x21 flight, but it may be a good cage for Yuka(GCC) if the bar spacing is right. If she gets this one, I'll just move Kumo into her current flight cage.

I emailed the poster so should hear back soon, but what are your thoughts on the bar spacing? Also, if you have an idea of the brand that'd be great. :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the bar spacing doesn't look to be too wide for a GCC. It's hard to tell since there's really nothing to provide scale.

As for brand, who knows. It's in the style of the HQ and A&E victorian cages of that size, but there are so many copycats out there that it's hard to say for certain.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hard to tell bar spacing from pics. Not sure if you have a big GCC is but I'd stay under 3/4 in for a GCC. Maybe 5/8 at most.
1/8 in may not seem much but you want to be sure your guy can't get its head caught in bars.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I'll have to wait for the poster to email me back, and see if they can measure the bar spacing for me.

She's not big, relatively average for a GCC. But I agree staying under 3/4th is best.
For her quarantine cage when I first got her she did well in a cage I think is 3/4th.
It's a nice cage, but safety is always best. Thanks for the replies. :)

Last edited:

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
That size/style cage typically has 5/8 or 3/4 spacing. 5/8 is generally safe and 3/4 may or may not be (depends on the bird's size and whether the cage manufacturer is measuring the actual space or just from center to center).

Anyway it looks a lot like this cage which has 5/8 spacing but a lot of the brands look very similar.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Thanks for the link @karen256. :)
She never had any problems being in her 3/4th quarantine cage back when I got her, but I don't want to risk an injury.
I'll see what happens when the poster measures it. It's a great cage, and I'm sure Yuka would enjoy it if it's safe.