• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is Pearl

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Chipper's companion Violet passed away last week. He has been frantically calling for her. So sad to see him so distressed. I got him another friend to keep him company, we named her Pearl .
Chipper is a Opaline Mutation. Pearl is a Blue Mutation. Poor Chippy still looks and calls for Violet but Pearl is keeping him from obsessing over the loss. He is so sweet with her ,showing her around and gently calling her when out of their cage.
I'm happy he has accepted her. Pearl is healing our broken hearts. Here's a picture of them together. 20171214_115513.jpg

Last edited:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Both such beautiful colorings - Welcome to Pearl, and I'm so sorry about Violet.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am very sorry about Violet. It is so distressing when a bird calls for his friend who has passed.
Pearl will be a good companion to Chipper and you. So glad you found her.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Both such beautiful colorings - Welcome to Pearl, and I'm so sorry about Violet.
Thanks, it's so sad to see him looking and calling for his Violet. Pearl has been very good for him, she is still very young ,he seems to be taking on the role of a mentor, or parent. It's keeping him busy.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I am sorry for your loss:sorrow:
Pearl is gorgeous! IT sounds like she is bonding very well with Chipper and helping him through this Hard time:heart:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I'm so so sorry about Violet. I'm so so happy about Pearl. I hope Chipper will feel better soon. They are beautiful!!! :heart:
He is still calling for Violet, but not as much ,Pearl is comforting him I believe, he is busy teaching and showing her around. Its bitter sweet.:sad7:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I am sorry for your loss:sorrow:
Pearl is gorgeous! IT sounds like she is bonding very well with Chipper and helping him through this Hard time:heart:

Yes they are doing remarkably well, he excepted her right away, no squabbles. He's her teacher.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I am very sorry about Violet. It is so distressing when a bird calls for his friend who has passed.
Pearl will be a good companion to Chipper and you. So glad you found her.

Losing our little Violet was so sad, but it's heartbreaking to witness Chipper distressed and frantically calling for her. Pearl will never replace Violet or the bond they had. Pearl has her very own unique special gift she brings to us. She will help our flock heal.:sad14:

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
I am so very sorry you lost little Violet:( Pearl is beautiful, and I hope that she helps to lessen the grief for you and Chipper.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I'm so sorry for your loss Suzanne! I'm glad that Chipper was open to a new friend and Pearl looks like a wonderful new companion. This is the one thing that scares me about pairing up my birds. I don't know what we would ever do with Iris if something happened to Amarillo...of course, I'm not sure what I would do if something ever happened to Amarillo!:) We have Abigail YCA and Nibbles LCA kind of maybe bonding now too although I don't know how close they will ever be. I love it when they decide they will be friends and they have a buddy but I've only had to lose a partner once with Cooper SIE and his brother Taco...I eventually found another sibling of Cooper's, Wylee...they are as thick as thieves now!:)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
She's so pretty! I'm glad he has accepted her.