• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Things for Wings News!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We are getting things under control now
Andrea the best, came to help this month
@SamatranTiger

Tomorrow all the toy orders are being finished and shipped.

We are trying to get her with me Full Time. I have been in a funny place for the last two years, almost big enough to have a Full Time, but just not there. At the same time it is too busy for me, I live, eat, breathe T4W. I don't even promote my store, but people find me. If I start promoting it and telling the world I am here, maybe I can? She would do all the toys/shipping and I would do the food, that alone is busy enough for one full time person. There are days I spend 3 hours on emails without even making/shipping orders.

The Freeze Dried food has been a giant success. I was not expecting that. Two FDs running 24/7. I will start offering large bags of the chop now, I purchased some bigger Mylar packaging! Also, look for all the new ideas I have.
If any of you want some cute Things for Wings Christmas Toys, go ahead and shop away!

Andrea made this super cute Basswood toy for a Beak Box and I wouldn't let her send it, I wanted to take a pic for the website.
Special Offer $24 Suitable for Greys and tough beaks!

If you want to order it with your order, message me and I will set it up

Attachments

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
The Freeze Dried food has been a giant success. I was not expecting that. Two FDs running 24/7. I will start offering large bags of the chop now, I purchased some bigger Mylar packaging!
Thank you -- I have been wishing you carried a larger size! :party:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Scooter, my tiel, loves your freeze dried food. I can't get him to eat fresh so this is a great alternative.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I always look for giant sizes...5 lb bags?...;)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Just to show you what one tray looks like.
There are 5 in a load.
so it is an amazing deal. $240 value at least!

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I sent this message to Danita a while back about the Ginger chop:

Secret gets a tablespoon in the morning before I leave for work and RUNS to the dish as I'm ready to put it in. Yesterday the bird stuck her head through the cage and pulled the bowl shut. I hadn't put it in the bowl yet. She was not happy.

We're on our second sample bag and the reaction is good from Secret, but not at the level of the Ginger.

It's really adorable to watch her reaction.

MC really could care less about those veggies so far. Only thing he is insane for is his almond slices which I give as rare treats or training (Secret loves those too).

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I sent this message to Danita a while back about the Ginger chop:

Secret gets a tablespoon in the morning before I leave for work and RUNS to the dish as I'm ready to put it in. Yesterday the bird stuck her head through the cage and pulled the bowl shut. I hadn't put it in the bowl yet. She was not happy.

We're on our second sample bag and the reaction is good from Secret, but not at the level of the Ginger.

It's really adorable to watch her reaction.

MC really could care less about those veggies so far. Only thing he is insane for is his almond slices which I give as rare treats or training (Secret loves those too).
I havent had the birds try it yet, but we did buy a bag recently so I am excited to see if they have Secret's enthusiasm! :geek:

Just to show you what one tray looks like.
There are 5 in a load.
so it is an amazing deal. $240 value at least!
Is a load 1kg? And how much does your new larger bag hold?

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Danita Congratulations, a friend of mine who makes jewelry started small and now it is huge. Like you she never thought it would happen, all I can say is 'Hold On'

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
omg
You might as well get me to make a whole batch or two just for you.
If you are serious, a FD full is just short of 1 kg
You can pick your own ingredients
$160 a full batch, custom ingredients :)
ooooh...I might need a list of things...can you add things like blueberries?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
ooooh...I might need a list of things...can you add things like blueberries?
Anything, as long as I can get it. I do have a freezer full of Organic Blueberries I froze when they were in season.
A load of Pomagranites is out of the question though lol

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I havent had the birds try it yet, but we did buy a bag recently so I am excited to see if they have Secret's enthusiasm! :geek:

Is a load 1kg? And how much does your new larger bag hold?
One load is aprox, 1 kg, I never weighed it really in total.
But it would be a lot
I haven't packed any in the larger bags yet.
Maybe, 1 pd?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Danita, I'm so excited for you. I've been in that place before - where I had 2 'jobs' but one had my heart and both were overgrown. So I chose the lower paying one that I loved. Never regretted it, and once all your eggies are in one basket your mind can go crazy with new promotions, new products, etc. :heart:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Danita, I'm so excited for you. I've been in that place before - where I had 2 'jobs' but one had my heart and both were overgrown. So I chose the lower paying one that I loved. Never regretted it, and once all your eggies are in one basket your mind can go crazy with new promotions, new products, etc. :heart:
Everything is good for me and what I have to pay, which includes my vet bills for 7 parrots :(

It is just getting that extra business to make sure Andrea is paid well.
:)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm happy you got a helper that cares for the fids as much as we all do. I'd make a funny Unamed Vendor comment here but I'll be a good member & just :zipped1:;)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Sort of off target, but I went to your store a week ago or so, looking for those fence chews, and couldn't find any. :(

After much searching just now, I found them! My Goffin loves those things.
I find your site kind of confusing to navigate (maybe it's chrome), but now that I found them, my Sweden will be so happy!

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
It’s great that you got some help, I remember you saying you had like a gazillion emails in your inbox a while back :eek:
Its crazy how a business can grow just from word of mouth about the quality of your products. My birbs LOVE their Little Bird Blend (I gotta get more soon!) and the FD chop.Regular bags last me awhile with my 2 tiny fids but I can see the demand for larger quantities. I also wanna get some of those cute platform perches on your site next time as well!
Congrats to you, I think very soon you will be FT livin the dream!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Sort of off target, but I went to your store a week ago or so, looking for those fence chews, and couldn't find any. :(

After much searching just now, I found them! My Goffin loves those things.
I find your site kind of confusing to navigate (maybe it's chrome), but now that I found them, my Sweden will be so happy!
Ugh, how is it confusing?
I am a permanently confuse/scattered person. So while it is totally clear to me, it isn't to others lol