• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The playstand for my conures and pionus!

budgie22

Moving in
Here is my playstand for my conures and pionus!

My macaw has flying access to the stand, so I try to make sure there is something on it for her as well.

My pionus and conures really enjoy their playstand as they spend the majority of their day time on it or on me.

to prevent ‘bubble feet’ I used Vet wrap around the metal. I did 3 layers of bright neon colors with one layer of black on top in the areas that they would perch most, and in areas that they just climb, I have since done one layer of neon vet tape and one layer of black.
The reason I did neon and then black is so if my birds begin to chew on the vet tape, or if it begins to fray, it will be easier to notice the neon instead of black on black on black.
Having the black on top heightens the contrast between that and the neon (which will make me more likely to notice if there is an issue) and the black flows with the black metal nicely.

Since vet tape is still a kind of fabric that the birds nails can get caught on, I make sure that their nails are nicely filed and trimmed before they go on.
If their nails aren’t trimmed as nicely or are having issues, they may be left in the bird room where there isn’t any vet tape, stay with me, or go to their small aviary outside just for precaution to not get their nails caught until I or someone else has the opportunity to trim/cut them (I don’t cut/file all of my birds nails, but I do cut/file 4/6).

the pictures I am posting arent completely up to date as I’m always trying to rotate things to make sure they have the best toys/perches, but i think its a good example of their play stand.

I also have a small playstand for my macaw (anything for a macaw is small lol), a playstand for my cockatiels that my conures occasionally get on, an outside area for the small birds (1-2 at a time), an outdoor/traveling macaw post that my pionus also uses, and a 10x10 dog kennel turned into a small aviary for my macaw.
Then I also have a shower/window perch for each bird that changes locations regularly. Sometimes I attach them to glass doors and let them sit on it outside lol.

but enjoy my favorite playstand, the pionus/conure playstand!

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Very nice. I need to up my game :)