• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly about Crimson Bellied Conures

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I would definitely talk to your doctor about the medical concerns surrounding bird bites. Not all birds bite but most will at some time in their life unless you are very very in tune to small imperceptive changes. You can minimize it but never getting bitten is a very rare thing in the length of a birds lifetime. As @Xoetix said you will probably want to consider a smaller beaked birds. Perhaps consider even a soft billed such as a dove, pigeon, or even a bantam chicken. All have the benefits of birds without the scary beak. Again, talk to your doctor about the medical risks to you and come up with a plan should you get bit before going down this pathway. Can a bird be a non biter, yes. My Walter never bit me in 39 years. But the chances of that are in the neighborhood of getting struck by lightening or winning the lottery. Expect to get bit.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Oh! Your chicken suggestion reminded me of these chickens I saw on Tiktok - they’re call rutin chickens. They’re tiny! And apparently very friendly (from the admittedly small amount of Googling I did on them)