• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Beginnings of Barbering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I wish I could give you a hug in real life...
I'm so sorry Holiday

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
So sorry Holiday...you both will somehow get through this in time...:hug8:

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Well, I haven't been able to face updating this thread, but I guess I should. Now that Mattie is gone, and Max has been fighting a sinus infection, he has begun barbing again. Not much as yet, but I fear that it will continue. :(

Can I just say how happy he was with her here? He was so happy....
OK I am lost. In between the time you got Mattie; on or around 4/22/10 and yesterdays post Mattie is now gone.

What happened??????? :confused::confused::confused:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Darn, darn, darn!!!! Yesterday and this morning, more barbed pieces of feather and down on the floor. What am I going to do? He didn't touch a feather when Mattie was here. Tomorrow will be three weeks since she passed. :( Should I consider another bird? Seriously, knowing his history, what would you do?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
If your heart can handle it Holiday, I would get another.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I think you've figured it out. It's not medical, it's emotional. If your going to consider another bird, I would get another Hahns. Trinket has really blossomed having friends of his own species. He can't wait to get out of his cage to play with his buddies and he's plumb worn out at night and in his tent for nite nite so he can get up the next morning for another day of play.

I know how hurt you were and are by Maddies passing but I think you also love Max to pieces and have a big enough heart to give a home to another bird.

Ginger

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for your input, Danita and Ginger :hug8: I would have to not consider it to be "replacing" Mattie. I would have to consider it some other way. I don't know how to think about it...:confused: Ginger, I totally agree with you--it would have to be another Hahn's, as painful as that may be in some ways.

His sinuses do seem to be clearing up. It *could* be the constant medicating that has him barbing again, couldn't it? But, I'm thinking that even when his sinuses are healed, this barbing may not end. He seems to need a companion. :confused:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I would have to not consider it to be "replacing" Mattie. I would have to consider it some other way. I don't know how to think about it...
You are not replacing Mattie, you are getting Max a friend because he is unhappy alone. You are giving Max what he needs.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You are giving Max what he needs.

:hug8: Yes, that is how I would have to think about it. I have to think that it is a good thing for Max, and for the other bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.