• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tell us some cute birds behaviors

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This morning I woke up Gigi and she yawned and stretched, walked over to say hi close up, slowly foot over foot, like a old person getting out of bed.

Gigi's cage is moved twice a day and she insists on traveling "mingo style." What is that you say? It's like a flamingo, balancing on one foot during the trip. She needs to be challenged I guess.

Here she is, waiting for the election to be called.

1605715752827.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Every morning when I unlock Elvis's cage, he kicks the door open and swings out on the door. Then jumps on my shoulder and gives me a kiss. :xflove:

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Buddy has a new behavior which I hope continues. For the past 3 days, when I open the cage door for Buddy and Tweetie to come out, I hold up my arm. Buddy will fly over and land on my hand. He then fluffs up and starts kissing my hand and beaking my thumbnail, chirping softly the entire time. I love it! Tweetie has come on my hand, "tasted" my hand and then looks at Buddy as if to say I don't get it. :roflmao:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Also after Elvis goes to bed and is covered up, if he wakes up and hears me walking around he'll say "Hellooooooo", Helloooooooo" dragging the "o" out. It's really funny.

matcha

Meeting neighbors
We play peekaboo with our cockatiel Choco by covering his head and saying peekaboo, and sometimes he'll say peekaboo when we uncover his head! He loves the peekaboo game.
He also makes heart wings and says "Whatcha doin handsome boy? Are you a good booooy?" when we feed him or change his water. He is such a sweet, loving bird!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I knew this would be a fun thread. We all know birds have personality to burn.

I have 4 granddaughters, ages 1, 6, 9 and 12. The older 3 understand that Gigi is hand shy and resource protective, so they seldom touch her or her cage. She happily flies to them and lands on their heads, shoulders or laps. But if they touch her or her stuff they can count on Gigi giving them what for. Her mad chortle is crazy. But our almost 1 year old Nora is fascinated with the cage and touches it all the time. Gigi does nothing, pays no attention, or comes over to gently beak her finger. She clearly understands that Nora is a baby. It's just the sweetest thing.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Whenever Rowan gets "mad" at me for getting "too close" to Zyda, he charges and acts all fluffy, aggressive, and "I'mma fight you for real right now >8c"

...all the while interrupting his own threats to preen in a way that I can only describe as bashful. :hilarious:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When my husband walks in, Mabel gets really excited, looks up at him and chatters away at him. He hardly spends time with them, but when he does he always spritzes them. Because Mabel LOVES baths she clearly considers him "the bath man" and therefore is totally besotted with him :rofl:

Jeff does have a cute little personality on him, but all I can think of right now is that he my tiny handsome boy who really looks intently at you when you talk to him :heart:

Look at that face!!!

20201118_210932.jpg

karcrate

Moving in
Real Name
Silver
waffles gets very impatient if i dont come to them as soon as they call me over. they could be on their play gym only on the other side of the room and as soon as i stand up they fly at me. they cant fly very well so it usually results in a bird to the face, i usually catch them; and when i dont they grab my shirt so they dont fall

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
A couple times lately, when I put Poppy's veggie bowl in her cage, she does this happy "veggie screech" when she gets to the bowl and immediately starts chowing down. I unfortunately haven't been able to catch it on video, and she only does it sometimes, but I love it.

Also, she's learned to tap her beak on a surface when I tap with my finger. She thinks its fun because it makes us laugh like crazy.

Apparently, she has decided she wants to become a professional wrestler. She's really committed. "No more cuddles or scritches for me, Mom! I have to train!"

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
Oh @elitys Poppy is precious. I see her HD is coming up soon! Big girl!!!
Yes, I'm very excited! Due to an increase in COVID restrictions in my state, I will unfortunately not be able to travel to see family over Thanksgiving. But I will get to stay home and celebrate Poppy's first hatch day! Bittersweet I suppose.

Aves

I love when my birds snuggle. I also like when they make cute squeaky noises!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
When I am trying to teach Bailey a new song, he stops whatever he is doing and listens so intently.