• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tell us some cute birds behaviors

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Also after Elvis goes to bed and is covered up, if he wakes up and hears me walking around he'll say "Hellooooooo", Helloooooooo" dragging the "o" out. It's really funny.
I forgot that Baylee doesn’t like lights on after she covered lol she will peep. Peep. PEEP. PEEEEEP. XD like turn the light offff argh. XD when I was studying veterinary I had a roommate who thought birds were stupid and didn’t believe Baylee was bothered by the light being on Baylee went crazy lol screaming at 8 pm cause my roommate dared put the light on after she was covered XD so my roommate was like make her shut up and I told her she wants lights off and she was like that’s not possible a stupid bird doesn’t know the difference and I was like she isn’t stupid you are the stupid one and I turned the light off and Baylee didn’t make one peep until the morning lol and my roommate was :blink: :omg::jawdrop: And I was like:nana::loltears::pinklol::laughing7: after that she never ever again dared to call a bird stupid! We know that after Baylee is covered lights off and no one enter her room until the morning.

Last edited:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure if true but I've heard that Linnies are the smallest parrot that holds food in their feet when they eat. Each day Gigi carries her Nutri-berries and apple pieces from the low food dish to the top perch to eat them. It's adorable. My little girl with a big NB in her beak scaling the cage wall. Sometimes she's successful and able to eat for a while, but often she drops her treat. Then down she goes to retrieve it and heads to the top again. Yesterday she dropped her apple over and over. I said to my husband that I feel so bad for her! Then at the same we both said "But what else does she have to do?" LOL

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Dona well Neptune doesn't use his feet to hold food, but he will stand on it to hold it still. Picard has actually held stuff before which took us off guard because we didn't think parrotlets could. Even though he has before it is a rare occurrence.

In terms of unique behaviours, great topic by the way, I have a list 10m long. I will start with Trex the chicken. When I sit in the garden with them and read she will always peck my shoe lightly and make sure I know she is there. Then she will go off exploring to return and peck my shoe again, just checking in to say hey.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Cheeky likes to sit on one hand while I cuddle her with the other. When she wants me to put my hand around her she will bend down and nudge my thumb. When I put my cupped hand near her she dives in and sticks her head between my thumb and index finger, and pops her head up like she just pulled on a sweater. So cute. :heart:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I had a tiel, Tau. At the time my sofa was up against the side of the cage. He would sneak quietly ninja style down the side of the cage so he was just a few inches from me. And he would SCREEEEEEEEAAAAM right in my ear!
Highly amusing.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Tau :heart:

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
When I clean Louise’s cage, she will get cage protective and try bonk me on the head or attack the cleaning supplies. However, if I sing while cleaning the cage, she calmly perches and watches. Weird because I cannot carry a tune in a bushel basket and I would think she would attack because of the singing.
Here she is with her favorite repeat toy from Seriously Nutz. Sarah / @Macawnutz , Louise says thank you. 42B3D10A-CB32-4F44-AF43-55FDB7FB4E4F.jpeg A7BCD725-B960-463B-B3A3-8DF47A34AFB2.jpeg

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've told this story before but it's a cutie. When I tell Gigi it's bedtime, she scurries to the top right perch and drapes her love interest toy next to her. I turn off the light (but she can see some kitchen light through her sheers) and she begins to explore her cage. I hear her scurrying all over the place for 15-20 minutes. The funny thing is, if I poke my head in, she will quickly get back to her top right sleep position, as if it's my rule. Just so funny and cute.