• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

T-stick

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
We adopted Billy in February of this year. He's a 31 year old BFA that was attached to a lady years ago. We were told he was cage bound but in the last 2 months he has came but only on the side and never goes to the top. His doors open all the time. Last time he came out he looked at me and lifted a foot towards me. I have never used a t-stick before and if anyone has any thoughts on the size or what type of material to use for one I'd appreciate it. When he steps up for the first I'd like it to go as good as possible. My husband could make one if we knew the size ect. I'm not pushing him step up but I could see he was really thinking about it. Thank you Carol

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Carol,
I have one at home I will measure for you.

Until then, there are threads here. I'll see if I can find some.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@JLcribber is a Tstick wielding person, and I believe he's got 10 fingers because of it :p

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Carol,
I have one at home I will measure for you.

Until then, there are threads here. I'll see if I can find some.
Thank you so much!

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
We adopted Billy in February of this year. He's a 31 year old BFA that was attached to a lady years ago. We were told he was cage bound but in the last 2 months he has came but only on the side and never goes to the top. His doors open all the time. Last time he came out he looked at me and lifted a foot towards me. I have never used a t-stick before and if anyone has any thoughts on the size or what type of material to use for one I'd appreciate it. When he steps up for the first I'd like it to go as good as possible. My husband could make one if we knew the size ect. I'm not pushing him step up but I could see he was really thinking about it. Thank you Carol
Finally remembered!!!

20191030_201627.jpg 20191030_201608.jpg 20191030_201747.jpg 20191030_201709.jpg 20191030_201813.jpg 20191030_201747.jpg

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
@Clueless Thank you everyone has given me so much information for this. When he decides he's ready to step up I'll post how it goes:)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
@Clueless Thank you everyone has given me so much information for this. When he decides he's ready to step up I'll post how it goes:)
No worries.

Look at the one I use though. If they aren't in the mood to step up, they let the stick have it.

I've had them for some years now and MC can still bluff me. Sometimes I wonder if it's a bluff when he's stepping onto my arm from the playstand, I just reach for the stick. Much safer.

Secret? No stepping onto flesh. That bird should have been an eagle!