• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sweet Green Aracari looking for good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawdy95

Moving in
Hello!

This is an abrupt post but I am looking for someone to take in and care for my healthy 2 year old Green Aracari, her name is Zozo. Hatch date was on March 24.

I live in Minneapolis and I am willing to put in some time and effort to find the right home for her. Right now the reasons for this are because I need to downsize my flock, I am having issues with health. Because of that my life kind of stalled, not fun.

She truly is a sweet bird that I cannot find enough time for her as of now and I think the most responsible decision is to rehome her to someone who is committed. I'm looking for someone who is willing to feed her fresh cut up fruit everyday and give her a bigger space (preferably an aviary). If I had to describe her it would be spoiled and very energetic, she likes to go into small spaces to snuggle up, and sometimes she can be a brat. We always watch her when shes out playing to make sure she doesn't try to swallow anything she is not suppose to! Her diet consists of Cantelope, honeydew melon, papaya, grapes, and blueberries (especially blueberries... Those are her fav...) mixed with Mazuri low iron pellets; her favorite hobbies include throwing blueberries at the walls and taking splash baths in her water bowl and yes, that can be very messy... :)

I am extremely upset about this and so is my significant other, he really adores this bird, but I do need some help. :sad11: I might be willing to travel...! It will probably depend on my work schedule and it can get crazy sometimes (I work at an airport so you know how that is)

Zozo is a bit more difficult to take care of in general than a parrot. These birds can suffer from iron storage disease.

There will be a small rehoming fee to insure that she goes to a good home. No harsh words.

Thank you for reading:D

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
No harsh words here. This is an incredibly hard decision to make. :bluhug:

Welcome to the Avenue! :hi: We are a pretty understanding bunch and I'm sure you'll find the perfect new home for Miss Zozo here. :hug8:

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry your health is having issues. I wasn't sure what a green Aracari was. They are very pretty. I hope Zozo can find a forever home.

Nice to meet you & :welcomeflag:!

:gbh: Rain

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow!!!!! He's so much bigger & prettier than the image I saw on google. Why is he Green? Is it the irradiance on the top of the back feathers?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So beautiful. I'm sorry you have to rehome her.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorry: I hope you do to! I hate when life happens & screws up our life plans. I'm sick too! I totally get it. If you just need to vent, talk, whatever feel free to tag me or send me a conversation.

:goodluck:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I hope you feel better soon! Zozo looks like a sweetie pie to me! Aracari have basically the same diet as Eclectus don't they?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Have you heard of Ripley the Toucan? He recently passed away due to a undiagnosed heart condition and his owner lives in Louisiana I guess. I don't know if he found another bird yet but he was devastated when she passed and as far as I know he's looking for another bird to love.
I hope this is ok and maybe it's a option worth exploring for you if he's close enough and it works out.
If you're interested searching Google for Ripley the Toucan should bring up his page.

CaliEckies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Have you heard of Ripley the Toucan? He recently passed away due to a undiagnosed heart condition and his owner lives in Louisiana I guess. I don't know if he found another bird yet but he was devastated when she passed and as far as I know he's looking for another bird to love.
Brock found a Toucan :) He is taking on a Toco from the owner I just picked up an Aracari from and he has a baby Toco he is getting this year.
Sent you a message Claudia :)

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I checked his Ripley page yesterday and nothing new but he did say he was working on it and had enough money to get a bird with all the help he was getting so that's awesome. He was so destroyed when she left him and they loved each other so much. His new friend will be a happy camper soon, thanks.

Sounds like something will work out for Zozo soon too.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I'm sorry for your health issues and rehoming your fid. (My user ID is that way for a reason - misfits - all 9 of us seniors with maladies).
I would offer, as I am looking for a rescue, but I don't think I have the space for a bird this size and energy level. That said, now I have to go look up the size...

maradak

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Joseph
Just curious, is Zozo still in need of a home? I am playing with the idea of getting an aracari this summer and a would much rather rescue than buy from a breeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.