• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Suggestions for Large Macaw Toys

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I do have a large tube bell, Chaos couldn't care less about it. :meh:
I guess it's the 'removable' clapper he really likes. :laugh:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
How big is that? Macaw, or other size birds?
I like! :)

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
That bell toy can be for either medium or large birds, it does not have the heavier chain on it. You can see all my S/S toys for Macaws , I have a larger one called Echo you can see on there, it has various items that hang from within the inside of the cup.

Sorry, I am over taking Laurie's topic!!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I was definitely not thinking liberty bells. I was thinking pipe bells.

Does any one have any experience with cowbells? They seem sturdier but probably have the same issue with the clapper.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Nope, I've not even seen any for birds.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I was definitely not thinking liberty bells. I was thinking pipe bells.

Does any one have any experience with cowbells? They seem sturdier but probably have the same issue with the clapper.
Burt has a SS bell with a replaceable clapper. The clapper is a big dummy which I have now just replaced with a quick link as I’m tired of replacing the dummies lol.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Burt has a SS bell with a replaceable clapper. The clapper is a big dummy which I have now just replaced with a quick link as I’m tired of replacing the dummies lol.
Lol! I guess that works. Does Burt open up chain links or o rings?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Lol! I guess that works. Does Burt open up chain links or o rings?
Yes he does but not religiously. He will open anything he possibly can so if it is not a welded chain then I know it usually wont last very long with him and if the o rings are not welded then I will have to close them up again and again. He has a few chains that are welded that he has not destroyed. Thankfully he tends to go through phases of what he likes to destroy so he will give the chains, o rings and quick links a bit of a break when his focus has moved to throwing the water bowl, wood chipping or finding welds on the cage to pop. When he is obsessed with dropping the toys or chain and o ring dismantling then I switch everything over to skewers that have the big acrylic ball or lengths of SS wire so the only thing he can do is wood chip. He keeps me very busy redoing the things I have just done lol.

Cehrs

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Collin cehrs
Hi my name is Colin Cehrs i’m new to this site but I am a manufacture of my bird toys. I heard you were expanding into Bird toy making If there’s anything I can do to help you or any questions you may have just let me know thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Hi my name is Colin Cehrs i’m new to this site but I am a manufacture of my bird toys. I heard you were expanding into Bird toy making If there’s anything I can do to help you or any questions you may have just let me know thanks
Ahem ... tsk, tsk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Hi Colin, welcome to the forum. It's nice to hear from you. I also make toys along with a bunch of other vendors here. I am just doing a little survey to get ideas for larger birds since my own birds are much smaller. It is very nice to have you here. Just in case you are interested, the forum allows pre-approved vendors to advertise here, if you are interested in doing so you can check it out here.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Yes he does but not religiously. He will open anything he possibly can so if it is not a welded chain then I know it usually wont last very long with him and if the o rings are not welded then I will have to close them up again and again. He has a few chains that are welded that he has not destroyed. Thankfully he tends to go through phases of what he likes to destroy so he will give the chains, o rings and quick links a bit of a break when his focus has moved to throwing the water bowl, wood chipping or finding welds on the cage to pop. When he is obsessed with dropping the toys or chain and o ring dismantling then I switch everything over to skewers that have the big acrylic ball or lengths of SS wire so the only thing he can do is wood chip. He keeps me very busy redoing the things I have just done lol.
I guess this just goes to show the importance of rotating toys and watching what the birds are doing. I have noticed that mine get obsessed with one thing for a week or two then ignore it and move on to something else.

Is 2.5 mm thick chain that is welded tough enough for Burt. I have some 3 mm that was sold as welded but alas it was not so I kinda just keep it in a drawer. I need to sell it on ebay or something. I have been building up a supply of larger parts. I like to use a an assortment of items in any given toy so it has taken me forever to amass the required parts to make the things I would like.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I have yet to find an actual "welded" chain of the 3 sizes we all commonly use in stainless steel. Any of the chains I have are more like tack welded. My B&G does not destroy even the 1.6mm chain.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I have yet to find an actual "welded" chain of the 3 sizes we all commonly use in stainless steel. Any of the chains I have are more like tack welded. My B&G does not destroy even the 1.6mm chain.
Yes, I have only seen tack welded too. I really think it just depends on the bird. I've heard different things from different people.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I’m not certain of the chain sizes I have, sorry- I saved them off other toys I had purchased.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie