• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sudden signs of agression in cockatiel

Sun

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a 3 year old male cockatiel named Atlas, I have had him for almost 1.5 years now, he never showed any signs of agression infact he is a very happy bird but for almost 2 days now he is flying around agitated, screaming and he started to bite which he never used to do. He does call another cockatiel living in our neighbours house and tries to fly to it but i am not sure if that is actually the cause of his agitation because my neighbours have had their male cockatiel for almost an year now or is it that Atlas can no longer take just talking from far away?Should i get another parrot for him or should i let him meet the neighbours parrot?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
First thing I would do is schedule a vet visit if at all possible for a check-up. When behavior changes are sudden, they can be a clue that your bird isn't feeling well.

Any changes around the house?

Sun

Checking out the neighborhood
First thing I would do is schedule a vet visit if at all possible for a check-up. When behavior changes are sudden, they can be a clue that your bird isn't feeling well.

Any changes around the house?
I will schedule it as soon as possible as for the change i can only think of my neighbours bird being more vocal than before but nothing particular at home.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. A vet check is always the safest course of action. He also could be hormonal.