• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
It may not apply to all situations, but each of my birds was clipped by the breeder before bringing them home. She did a very nice job and they could still fly very well. They all fly very well, and all of them have excellent flight skills.

I disagree that clipping a baby before it fully fledges can be harmful (ducks.. let me finish, y'all!). I say this, because once you get the bird, you can let the wings grow out and let the sucker fly as much as he/she wants to in order to improve flying skills. None of my birds show any personality changes for the negative for the clips that they had.

Someone mentioned directions for clipping a Grey..I would find that article and sit down and calmy discuss following the directions. If she was unable to do this, and you feel strongly about it, I would suggest you find a breeder that respects YOUR wishes, rather than staying in an uproar and keeping the boards in an uproar over a situation that is easily resolved.

That's just my opinion.:heart:
I wouldn't really call it an uproar, but, okay..

Its good to hear that all your birds were clipped and are great fliers, though. But seven feathers is way to much and it could be dangerous for a baby to fall too hard.

She's planning on clipping her at 2.5 months apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.