• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Strange Behavior?

Toadpods

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello all, I recently got back from a weekend trip with my roommate (we were safe and only 30 minutes from home, not meeting with anyone yadda yadda yadda). My parents were watching my GCC while we were gone. We were gone for two nights. When I came back home, my mother explained to me that my bird had attacked her. She had handled my bird before and they got along fine. This was very strange behaviour. Now that I'm back, my bird is behaving as if she's never seen a human before. She's terrified of me. I don't know how to approach this situation, or if it may be because of her hormones. I don't know for sure if she is a female bird. She was away from her cage, hanging on a tapestry, when my mother was changing her food dishes in her cage. Could it be a territorial thing? a nesting thing? Nothing seemed unorderly in my room, so I don't think anything fell on her or have her a terrible fright. I really don't know what's going on. I want to give it a few days before taking her to the vet, but maybe somebody here will have some idea of what's going on?

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Was there an instance where she was towelled/handled to get her back in the cage? Was there a night fright? Do you notice any physical injury’s or things that suggest she may be sick?

Toadpods

Checking out the neighborhood
Was there an instance where she was towelled/handled to get her back in the cage? Was there a night fright? Do you notice any physical injury’s or things that suggest she may be sick?
I recently had to towel her to clip her nails, but she seemed alright afterward. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if it were that paired with me leaving for two nights.
No injuries or sickness. No night fright to the best of my knowledge. She sleeps in a covered cage with little to no disturbances.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I recently had to towel her to clip her nails, but she seemed alright afterward. Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if it were that paired with me leaving for two nights.
No injuries or sickness. No night fright to the best of my knowledge. She sleeps in a covered cage with little to no disturbances.
Sorry if you mentioned this already, but how old is she?