• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spring's acting a little odd

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Today Spring has been acting a little off. She's been quieter than usual, and she made these weird sounding chirps I've never heard before. Like a scream, but quiet, I guess? And she's been pretty skittish and she's moving around a lot, and flapping her wings more than usual, even though the cage door is open. Which makes no sense. So I thought could it be because it snowed? She's seen snow before but last year. Anyways, am I just being paranoid or could there be something else behind this odd behavior?

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Hopefully it's just as simple as the change in her scenery. But if the odd behaviour continues, make a vet appointment just to be safe.

Is Spring hand tame? Can you take her to a different location in the house and see how she acts then?

BirdWorld

Hopefully it's just as simple as the change in her scenery. But if the odd behaviour continues, make a vet appointment just to be safe.

Is Spring hand tame? Can you take her to a different location in the house and see how she acts then?
She is scared of hands (she was grabbed in the past, not by me) but she does not mind sitting on a perch I'm holding. I will bring her somewhere else to see how she reacts. I'll take her to a room without windows so she does not see the snow outside.

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Certainly could be the scenery. Is it possible she is starting a moult or has some itchy pin feathers coming in? A bath or spritz might help. Is she eating normally and doesn't seem overly tired or puffed up? Keep an eye on her but if could even be an unfamiliar reflection coming off the snow through the window.

BirdWorld

Certainly could be the scenery. Is it possible she is starting a moult or has some itchy pin feathers coming in? A bath or spritz might help. Is she eating normally and doesn't seem overly tired or puffed up? Keep an eye on her but if could even be an unfamiliar reflection coming off the snow through the window.
She molted not long ago, so I doubt it's that. I did offer her a bath earlier but she didn't touch it which is weird because she usually loves bathing. She is eating normally and doesn't seem lethargic she's actually acting more skittish than usual and she's quiet. When I brought her into a separate room she was calm for a while then started flock calling for Blinky.

BirdWorld

Oops, forgot to update. She is acting normal now (or, as normal as Spring can get), very chit chatty as usual. So I guess it was just because of the change, thanks everyone :)