• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Soft food or Pangea for sick budgie?

WasabiSalad

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Valerie
Hello!

If I post things in the future to look for some help, it might involve my 4 parakeets and green cheek conure.

I have a question already, and I hope this is the right place to post this

One of my budgies stopped eating yesterday (vet closed Sunday) and plan on taking him today except it is an hour and half away and am waiting for my sister to come back home and take me there (we only have one car atm).

So for now I wanted to feed him some soft food and water. If anyone has a go-to recipe I would love to hear it!

But meanwhile here’s the big question: can I feed my parakeet Pangea mix?
I have this for my crested gecko, it is basically powder mix that you dissolve in water.

Here are the ingredients:

Dried Banana, Dried Papaya, Rice Bran, Micellar Casein, Whey Protein Isolate, Dried Egg, Calcium Carbonate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Algae Meal, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, Dried Bifidobacterium bifidum fermentation extract, Dried Lactobacilus acidophilus fermentation extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Choline Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Ferrous Fumarate, Beta Carotene, Inositol, Niacin, Kelp Meal, Ascorbic Acid, Cholecalciferol (D3), Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Sulfur, Zinc Oxide, Vitamin B12.

Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I usually just use baby food for situations like this. At first glance the Pangea sounds okay but it's so hard to know for sure. Could you call your vet and ask?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope your budgie is okay. Will he eat some millet spray?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can you get some baby bird formula? That would be your best bet..try some cooked, cooled oatmeal, or scrambled eggs...hope hes ok.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope your budgie will be OK. Baby bird formula would be the best thing to try. You can also try some organic baby food. Is he drinking? You can put a small amount of pedialyte in the water or put some on your finger and place that inside his mouth.