• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SO embarrassing.....

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
I was in my calculus Zoom lecture today and Poppy was climbing all over me, being her usual monkey self. At one point, she falls off my head and lands on my keyboard about 8 inches below. I go, "Oh my god, you're ridiculous" to her and pick her up. Little did I know, she fell on the key that UNMUTED MY MICROPHONE. My professor, Hollis, says, "Explaining a problem, I've never had a student call me ridiculous before."

I am MORTIFIED. I launch into apologies and quickly explain that my bird fell on my keyboard. My whole class is laughing and typing in the chat about how you don't see that in an in person classroom. I muted myself at this point and type in the chat, "For the record, Poppy is ridiculous, not you Hollis."

Luckily, this professor is real easy going and had a good laugh. At the end of class, he dismissed us saying, "Be careful and don't drop your pets."

Absolutely mortifying. Thanks, Poppy.:facepalm:

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was in my calculus Zoom lecture today and Poppy was climbing all over me, being her usual monkey self. At one point, she falls off my head and lands on my keyboard about 8 inches below. I go, "Oh my god, you're ridiculous" to her and pick her up. Little did I know, she fell on the key that UNMUTED MY MICROPHONE. My professor, Hollis, says, "Explaining a problem, I've never had a student call me ridiculous before."

I am MORTIFIED. I launch into apologies and quickly explain that my bird fell on my keyboard. My whole class is laughing and typing in the chat about how you don't see that in an in person classroom. I muted myself at this point and type in the chat, "For the record, Poppy is ridiculous, not you Hollis."

Luckily, this professor is real easy going and had a good laugh. At the end of class, he dismissed us saying, "Be careful and don't drop your pets."

That's made my day :rofl: Hilarious! There's a post on Facebook somewhere about a person's budgie landing with their butt straight over the camera during a Zoom call and it always has me in creases!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I never had any live lessons with the birds around. Thankfully.
I haven't had any difficulties when teaching on video but for some reason only when my boss rings me (nobody else!) they insist on causing a ruckus so now he's convinced I live in a zoo or the Australian outback or something :lol:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa

My tiel Bailey loves Zoom and he has to see everyone and be seen and spoken to by name. But when I have to get to work, he does behave. Poppy sounds like a character and I am glad your professor understood that your comment wasn't to him.

mochiballs

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
omg thankfully your teacher is chill
The same thing happened to me in my zoom class my prof was in the middle of explaining a problem and Sulley had flown onto my iPad and turned on my mic and I was yelling Sulley get off of there and the teacher scorned me in front of the class. So embarrassing.

BirdWorld

I’ve been in class and forgotten to close the cage, and then then all of a sudden a bird flew into the screen. Everyone laughed but I didn’t really care. Weird things happen in my class. One persons rabbit has interrupted class multiple times, and my own teacher has a cat that walks around on his desk.

Maggiebird

Real Name
Sally
I was in my calculus Zoom lecture today and Poppy was climbing all over me, being her usual monkey self. At one point, she falls off my head and lands on my keyboard about 8 inches below. I go, "Oh my god, you're ridiculous" to her and pick her up. Little did I know, she
fell on the key that UNMUTED MY MICROPHONE. My professor, Hollis, says, "Explaining a problem, I've never had a student call me ridiculous before."

Same thing happened to me lol but my parrot turned on my screen and my microphone...

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Same thing happened to me lol but my parrot turned on my screen and my microphone...
Same for me.. i was on a zoom meeting on work and Mel just thought it would be great fun to hop on the keyboard and I was the only one with my camera on due to her..