• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sick cockatiel. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Your baby is adorable.. :) Please let us know what the culture comes back with.. It sounds like the problem is his mouth so I hope thats where the culture was from. Just curious, what type of anitobiotics/meds did he give you? My Mikey was sick last year and he couldn't eat either and got very skinny..:( He too had a infection in his mouth so it was painful for him to eat. I was able to get him to eat oatmeal & would mash up sweet potatoes w/rice, he liked that too.. They started him on Doxycyline but unfortunately it took a few cultures to get a *exact* diagnosis.. In the end, Mikey had mrsa and had to be put on Amikacin. And Mikey is just fine now.. :dance4: I hope you get a quick definitive diagnosis.. :hug8: Please keep us posted on those culture results.. :hug8: We care.. :hug8: Mikey and me are keeping your baby in my prayers.. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Checkin in, hows you baby doing??:hug8:

charisse12

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charisse
Doing better, he drank water on his own and is nibbling on a little food. The meds seem to be finally working. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.