• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick cat

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
She ate a teaspoon of her normal food!! Hopefully she can keep it down and keep up with it. We are going to feed her spoonfuls through the day just in case she realizes she’s very hungry and then decides to scarf it down and vomit it back. I’ll rotate between the chicken, her normal wet food with a little broth, and some dry treats.

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
When my cat was so sick, she wouldn't eat anything we tried, and we tried almost everything. The vet gave her Gerber Baby Food in "meaty" flavors like Chicken in Chicken Gravy and Beef in Beef Gravy and she ate that. Maybe that could help?

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
When my cat was so sick, she wouldn't eat anything we tried, and we tried almost everything. The vet gave her Gerber Baby Food in "meaty" flavors like Chicken in Chicken Gravy and Beef in Beef Gravy and she ate that. Maybe that could help?
Thanks! Will grab some of that and tuna fish as a just in case. Will also grab a piece of salmon from work and just poach it. She seems to be feeling more lively. She ate some wet food, drank water, and jumped up on the couch, seeking out scratches so that’s all really good. So that was hopeful, that her body, while in discomfort, is not in pain or she would have just stayed hidden and not want to be touched. I’ve had 3 cats, all since they were a baby, and she’s the last one left at 16. So I’m just trying to reflect and remember back to everything I did right and wrong to give Sophie the best end of life care she can have, whether that is in 2 days, 2 months, or 2 years. She’s a tiny old girl, she’s always looked like a kitten, but she’s a tough one. I hope we have more time and at least can spend Christmas and go into the new year together.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
One thing you can feed her is chicken baby food mixed with boiled rice small feeding through out the day and make sure she is drinking water ..you can check her hydration by pulling the skin behind the neck make a tent with your thumb and fingers then let it down if it takes longer then 3 sec to go back the way it was she is dehydrated ... :)

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Update : Sophie has gotten back to semi-normal. Eating, drinking, jumping up on couches and beds, snacking, waking us up again through the night and also at 630AM instead of 430AM so kind of back to regular. Thank god!