• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Rosie's Handicap Perch

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
This has been installed for over a week but yesterday she tried it for the first time.
I missed her getting on as I needed two hands under her just in case. Rosie is blind and walks with her beak on the floor, as long as the edges have a piece of trim she will not fall from the stand. Don't mind my floor. LOL That's two hours of M & K playing on the trees.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:heart:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loved the whole video, but my favorite part was when she hit the carpet and strutted to her room :D

BTW is there a purpose to the shiny/satiny cloth on the bottom, like poop does not stick to it, or is it just what you had?

Michele

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michele
This has been installed for over a week but yesterday she tried it for the first time.
I missed her getting on as I needed two hands under her just in case. Rosie is blind and walks with her beak on the floor, as long as the edges have a piece of trim she will not fall from the stand. Don't mind my floor. LOL That's two hours of M & K playing on the trees.

Michele

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michele
that is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!did you make the play gyms , and can I see more pictures and how you did that I have a macaw and other birds who would love something like that. One also is handicap

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Loved the whole video, but my favorite part was when she hit the carpet and strutted to her room :D
BTW is there a purpose to the shiny/satiny cloth on the bottom, like poop does not stick to it, or is it just what you had?

:laugh: Once she is on the floor she knows her way around. You tend to forget she can't see. :D They are satin table cloths and I like them because I can shake them out well before throwing them in the washer. Just keeps me from having to scrub the floor so often. I pick them up and put clean down twice a day.

that is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!did you make the play gyms , and can I see more pictures and how you did that I have a macaw and other birds who would love something like that. One also is handicap

I have a few threads on the gyms.

Korbel and Maui's Playgym overhaul...... | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Pictures - Korbel & Maui's Playgym Room | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

You stuck our favorite toys where??? | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Two different styles as we made new ones last year. Both threads should go through the building process step by step. :D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
She is amazing and I love the whole set up you have..a birdie playland...lucky birds!!!!!!!

Michele

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michele
so you use hardwood floor strips for floor , what a great ideal , I have 12 birds and I know they would love a set up like that. thanks so much for sharing.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

They are satin table cloths and I like them because I can shake them out well before throwing them in the washer. Just keeps me from having to scrub the floor so often. I pick them up and put clean down twice a day.

Great idea! :highfive: I figured they were your old bed sheets :rolleyes: :p

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Great idea! :highfive: I figured they were your old bed sheets :rolleyes: :p

:coffeescreen:

But....... there you go again noticing all the strange things in my video. :rolleyes: I have a video somewhere with me in my micky mouse pajamas, I'm sure you would spot that. ;)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
She is very lucky to have someone who cares so much about her!

Matt

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

But....... there you go again noticing all the strange things in my video. :rolleyes: I have a video somewhere with me in my micky mouse pajamas, I'm sure you would spot that. ;)

I wouldn't notice them, if you quit including them :p :hehe:
That's creepy you mentioned that today! I was wearing my Micky Mouse PJ's yesterday and Olivia was freaked out by them :jawdrop1:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Umm, with or without tailfeathers???? :highfive:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
so you use hardwood floor strips for floor , what a great ideal , I have 12 birds and I know they would love a set up like that. thanks so much for sharing.
Actually, it's far better to use "laminate" rather than real wood. The laminate is waterproof and doesn't dent or scratch. Additionally, if you glue the laminate strips together they will be totally waterproof.

I used laminate on the walls of my bird room and after 7 years, two GWs have never managed to do any damage. I can just bring the power washer in through the patio door and wash the walls and vinyl floors down - the entire room is waterproof.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Wow, that is awesome! I would have had no idea she is blind. Go Rosie! :heart:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Actually, it's far better to use "laminate" rather than real wood. The laminate is waterproof and doesn't dent or scratch. Additionally, if you glue the laminate strips together they will be totally waterproof.

I used laminate on the walls of my bird room and after 7 years, two GWs have never managed to do any damage. I can just bring the power washer in through the patio door and wash the walls and vinyl floors down - the entire room is waterproof.

We used carpenters glue and there was two kinds at HD. The one that sold me said non toxic, waterproof, and resists mold and mildew. Some new kind but it has worked great.

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia

No Sarah, Korbel steals the show in that video. Your Mickey Mouse pajamas are hardly noticeable in that video because our attention is automatically drawn to the blue and gold love bug in that video :heart: :xflove: :bgm: :cloud9::faint: :p