• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reliable parakeet firtile egg sites

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
Hand raising birds imprints them on people. I personally think it's immoral. The results of such experiments have been known for decades - they ought to be in the no need to repeat them category. The birds become sexually frustrated as people reject their amorous advances & to top it off they reject the hand raiser (who wants to date their parent?!).
Gosh I really agree with this. Phoenix got way too attached to me, I was lucky that I was able to spend 12 hours a day with him so he didn't start harming himself or becoming depressed, most people can't really do that. I had to get Phoenix another bird, and I'm currently weaning him off of me. He's much more independent, now. I wouldn't say our bond is anything more than what most people have with their beloved, bird-raised pets

If you chose to get a hatchling and raise it, it won't be your best friend forever. It will grow up, and (hopefully) learn to be independent, and that's if you're lucky. If you're not so lucky you could easily end up with a depressed bird, leading to illness or even death.

You have a better chance forming an inseparable bond with an adult parakeet because they are already grown up, you know what you're going to get, and they won't grow out of you.

It's so much better to get an adult. Why don't you check out some rescues? There are plenty of birds there that need a hero, I'm sure they'll thank you for it

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
im looking for a BABY less than 10 days old that i can hand raise
Selling 10 day old chicks is not common, it´s something a backyard breeder would do, and then I would question the overall health and wellbeing of said chick.

If you really want the easiest way to form a relationship with a young bird, get a freshly weaned bird, that was raised by a caring breeder, be it parent fed or hand fed. You need to look for the breeder that has spend time interacting with those chicks, regardless of hand feeding.

Incubating budgie eggs is quite ridiculous. The costs and effort would outweigh any benefits. Not to mention, you would have to care for the chick from hatching, which is not easy and would also leave the bird with no parent raising interactions.

i already know the time and effort it takes, its summer, i have time
And what happens when summer is over and the chick hasn´t weaned? Believe me it can happen. I had a lovebird chick (average wean age 7-8 weeks) and she took almost 6 months to wean!
Birds are not robots, they don´t follow any rules.

I dont want all this negativity, i just want real responses, if you dont have a real response, dont answer.
I think you are quite naive. When talking about learning to raise baby birds things can go wrong very quickly. Birds can die if something is not done correctly. So it´s important to know what the negative aspoects are so that you can learn about them, recognise them, and avoid them happening to you.
Anyone not willing to listen to the negatives, should not be raising baby birds.
It´s not all rainbows and roses.

If you want ¨real¨ responses, ask us some real questions and we´ll do our best to answer.

Tazlima

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
im looking for a BABY less than 10 days old that i can hand raise, not now, but once i learn, i already know the time and effort it takes, its summer, i have time. I dont want all this negativity, i just want real responses, if you dont have a real response, dont answer.

The problem is that you're asking the wrong question... a question that doesn't have a "real" response, because what you're seeking (a good quality breeder who will sell you fertile eggs or newborn chicks to hand raise) doesn't exist. Good breeders won't do this, because 9 times out of ten, it will result in a dead bird, and those who DO survive can have some very serious problems as adults.

Imagine someone asked you "hey, where can I get a puppy that only has to be fed once a week?" Wouldn't you answer that there's no such thing? That puppies need to eat every day, or they will most likely die? What if the person didn't want to hear that and said "I don't want a lecture... I just want you to answer the question?

There is no good answer to that question.

You may just be looking at the wrong pet for what you want to do. If someone really, really wants a pet they only feed once a week, they should consider a snake, not a puppy.

If you want a bird that can be incubated and raised from a baby with a good chance of success, you want to stick with poultry: a chicken or quail or duck... something that can walk and peck at food as soon as it's hatched.

Ultimately, there's a reason that poultry breeders routinely ship eggs and budgie breeders don't.

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Why don't you incubate button quail eggs? They're small, easy to care for, are mature in about a month, require very little space, and are adorable. Plus they're very inexpensive.

When hatched from an incubator, if you spend lots of time with them, they'll be really tame and enjoy being handled.

(not my pictures)
1623870118162.png 1623870146919.png 1623870175000.png button quail chick

My pictures:
Mr. Ocax.jpg IMG_6885.JPG IMG_8762.JPG IMG_8759.JPG IMG_8761.JPG IMG_8760 (1).JPG Kissy Quail.jpg

and the females lay lots of tiny eggs! When mine are laying, I get one almost every day!

Abuelitama

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Marián paulin
I really wished I have read this before I paid for eggs on a web site that sells scarlet macaw parrot egg for sale” l lost my money and my desire to own a bird. Scammer are there to take your money and they don’t accept credit card.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I really wished I have read this before I paid for eggs on a web site that sells scarlet macaw parrot egg for sale” l lost my money and my desire to own a bird. Scammer are there to take your money and they don’t accept credit card.
Can I ask how much the eggs apparently were?
Hope you did not loose too much money.