• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reliable parakeet firtile egg sites

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
No ethical breeder would try to sell you fertile parrot eggs. It is simply not done, due to the nature of parrots and their young.

If you find a site that sells fertile parrot eggs, it is a scam site. Don't buy from them.

Gigibirds

No, sorry. Pretty much every place you find will be a scam. Why would you want to buy and egg though; isn't it easier to just get a very young bird that you can hand-feed? Then you don't need to bother with the incubation of the eggs and those really challenging first days.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Or even better, a fully weaned young parrot from a reputable breeder. That is a much safer option if you are a first-time parrot owner or lack hand-feeding experience.

Last edited:

Gigibirds

Yes, that is better, but I'm saying that if Mali wants to actually hand feed a baby bird then buying a young bird is better than trying to get an egg.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
True. I just wouldn't assume that they even know about hand-feeding or want to do it.

Many people don't really know that much about it or realize how much effort is needed to keep newly hatched parrots alive without their parents involved. It is a serious time investment and a lot can go wrong if you are inexperienced or unprepared.

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
im looking for a BABY less than 10 days old that i can hand raise, not now, but once i learn, i already know the time and effort it takes, its summer, i have time. I dont want all this negativity, i just want real responses, if you dont have a real response, dont answer.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I highly discourage this especially for a minor, severe complications could arise and it’s not easy especially without a mentor or avian vet constantly supervising, once again HIGHLY DISCOURAGE, but I’ll tag some members @Britnicorn @Zara

plus I would say tofocus on building a bond with ur current parakeet, what other pets/animals do u have?

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
These are real responses. No genuine breeder would give up eggs or young hatchlings because it’s not safe for the bird, period. No matter how much research and training is done on your part. So you most likely won’t find

And please for the love of god do not get an unweaned chick, ESPECIALLY one that is younger than 10 days old. I went through hell and back to raise Phoenix, no amount of training can prepare you for the mental toll raising such a young chick does on you. I’m not even a minor, I’m 20 years old and going to school. I only took Phoenix in when he hatched because it was either I raise him or he die. I wouldn’t have raised him if he could’ve survived with his mom

286E6C65-40BE-470A-A2F6-3B317961B12B.jpeg
He was as big as a nickel here, only a few hours after hatching. (Yes he’s a parakeet). Feeding them this small is hard, and during their first few days of life you will not sleep, and if you manage to rest it will only be two hours maximum because they need to eat around the clock when they first hatch. Then you can start sleeping for 6 hours at night, and after a few weeks your sleep schedule will be * somewhat* normal.
To top it all off, hatchlings *need* their mother’s probiotics. If they don’t have their mother’s probiotics you have to supplement them, but it’s never the same. I feel that’s why Phoenix had so many infections as a chick. Do you have an avian vet in your area that could handle such a small chick? Do you have the money to cover those costs?

please do not do it to yourself or to the chicks. You can have just as much of a strong bond with any other adult bird. It just takes time and patience.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
im looking for a BABY less than 10 days old that i can hand raise, not now, but once i learn, i already know the time and effort it takes, its summer, i have time. I dont want all this negativity, i just want real responses, if you dont have a real response, dont answer.
There is no need for rudeness or poor attitude when people are trying to help you learn. Manners will always get you much further in life than attitude ever will.

People have this incorrect idea that hand raising aids with the bonding process. It is false. Baby birds mature- a mature bird doesn’t want to partner up with its human parent.

Destiny

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
I already gave a real response to your original question, Bluberry. Parrot hatching eggs are not a legitimate option. Make of that what you will.

I'd also like to mention that the idea that you can form a better bond by hand-feeding your own baby parrot is based on bad information, in my opinion. It isn't necessary to form a strong bond and places the baby at unnecessary risk. A well-socialized fully-weaned young parrot will be perfectly happy with its new owner. And your baby will already be passed many of the riskiest parts of the bird's development, so you can start out strong together and share many good years.

All that being said, if you are serious about raising a parakeet from 10 days old, your best approach would be to reach out to a local breeder. With luck, they can supply you with a young chick and act as a mentor. Or allow you to help with raising a clutch with the breeder watching over things. That way, you will have someone with experience available to guide you in caring for the chick and in locating a good avian vet in your area, should anything go wrong.

Britnicorn

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
I also want to mention that I got lucky with Phoenix surviving. Most hatchlings being handraised at his age don’t make it, even if the person handraising the chick was a professional. They need a bird parent, that’s the bottom line. If they have to settle for a human parent instead, then their survival chance is minimal, and at that point they are surviving, and not thriving

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Please read about the benefits of parent raised birds.

If you'd like to learn more, I can provide additional material.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hand raising birds imprints them on people. I personally think it's immoral. The results of such experiments have been known for decades - they ought to be in the no need to repeat them category. The birds become sexually frustrated as people reject their amorous advances & to top it off they reject the hand raiser (who wants to date their parent?!).

Some don't learn to preen properly. Even professional budgie breeders usually wait 'till they're 2 weeks or more (when I believe their eyes are already open - they've seen their parents) to pull them from the nest (AKA orphan them). An overwhelming amount of hand raised birds become feather pluckers. Despite the obvious trauma of being snatched from the wild, I've never heard of it in wild caught birds from the era when this was common.

Why not focus on your relationship with Bluberry, who looks like a lovely budgie? :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I will just come out and say it - I hate babies :lol:

Babies are a lot of work. Then they grow up and since you are the "parent", even though you've devoted many hours into their care and training, they are hardwired to find a new "mate".

I only adopt adult birds because I experienced that heartache and won't put myself through it again.

Everyone is correct though. No one will sell eggs, and even if they do, they will not survive transit. Don't waste your money. I like the idea of partnering with a local breeder if possible!