• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recent Canary Behaviours

arayabd

Meeting neighbors
Hi Everyone!

Recently I've posting about my canary a bit as she's acting a little strange.

Lately she's been sitting in her food dish quietly all day, eating and drinking as usual, and maintaining activity when provoked but otherwise just resting flat in her food dish (which made me think she was intending to lay an egg)
She's also been very aggressive (all the more reason to think she was going to lay an egg!)
However! She's losing a couple little eyelash feathers around her eye, I didn't think too much of it because there weren't other signs she was moulting, except I just found a little feather of hers on the ground too!

AND! Get this! I just took her cage outside for some direct sun, and she's hopping around, singing and sunbathing! No more sitting in the food dish quietly (even though that's what she's been doing for days)

I'm wondering what this all is. If she wasn't eating or drinking or was making a clicking noise I would take her to the vet, but it seems her behaviour as been all over the place and I don't know why.
Can a bird molt and lay an egg at the same time? Or was she depressed? Has anyone experienced similar?

Here is a photo of her sitting in her dish;

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Reactions: Ali