• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ratties coming home tomorrow!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So I have been slowly accumulating everything that I need, including the cage, food, feeding accessories, toys, etc, and we're just missing the rats. We thought about using a breeder but my heart wasn't in it.

I literally just got the things yesterday that I needed to be "move in ready" and was browsing CL when I saw them!

first look.jpg

first look1.jpg

They are a little under 4 months old, all boys, and being rehomed because the husband is allergic to them. They have a 4 year old girl who handles them right now so its nice to know that they are already use to younger children. The two grey ones are brothers.

The current names are Tricks, Cuddles, and Brunswick but we'll be changing those lol. I just can't call an animal Cuddles :p

We have a 3 hour round trip ahead of us but this time tomorrow they should be in their new home :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
O they are beautiful, Congratulations! The one on the left(well his head is on the left, with the white markings), in the first picture is gorgeous:heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
O they are beautiful, Congratulations! The one on the left(well his head is on the left, with the white markings), in the first picture is gorgeous:heart:

Yes I love the coloring on him too!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How exciting! They are so cute! Can't wait to see them settle in

Me too! I just made up some chop that both birds and rats can eat so hopefully they like my cooking more than the birds do :lol:

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! :bliss:

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Sooooo cute! I miss my rats, one of the first pets I ever own as a child. I had a big gray rex rat name Häagen-Dazs who live to be 5 years old and he was a wonderful friend to me! I miss that silly lil dude to this day and its been about 20yrs.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sooooo cute! I miss my rats, one of the first pets I ever own as a child. I had a big gray rex rat name Häagen-Dazs who live to be 5 years old and he was a wonderful friend to me! I miss that silly lil dude to this day and its been about 20yrs.

I had girls 7 years ago and have never stopped missing them!! I just adore rats. We didn't have the space and with me working out of the house didn't have the time to give them that they deserve. With me home more now though, I knew it was time! :heart: The grey ones let me handle them to put them in the carrier at her house, but Stark (the black one) is a little more reserved. Though he is a foodie and is currently enjoying the chop I made for them and the flock! :D

I felt so bad though. The mom I got them from was almost in tears. The little girl who was really attached to Cuddles/Parker knew they had to leave but was also really sad. I hope I do right by them all!

5 years is amazing. My girls Juno and Penny lived about 1.5 years.