• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Random Adorable Pi

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
A day in the life. Those precious moments each day when everyone has a preen. There are also some additional photos of the advantages of vertical perches. They can use vertical perches easily to wear down their nails and improve ankle rotation. PXL_20211223_072346002._exported_1051_1640244249568.jpg PXL_20211223_072331482.MP.jpg PXL_20211223_070401701.jpg PXL_20211223_065848162~2.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pi just keeps getting more handsome. :heart::heart::heart:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know the names of your blue beauties... Plz forgive my ignorance and tell me.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Adorable!! I must ask, how do your parrotlets get along with PI?
Pi is a very placid bird and he spends a bit of his day saying hello to everyone. But the parrotlets can overwhelm him when they are all out together. The parrotlets are pushy and bold at times, especially Picard. Pi gets along very well with Neptune one-on-one though.

I would say the bigger conflicts are between the two parrotlets. They are sassy jellybeans who can escalate off one another. Picard can get especially nasty to Neptune sometimes and has even knocked Neptune out of flight.

The whole group gets supervised time out together. And most of the time the parrotlets get more exercise because Pi likes flying laps and the parrotlets follow him around. I try to set up things for them to do as a flock like sprinkle some seeds about or set up a bathing area.

I won't leave the parrotlets out together with Pi for too long because he does seem to get irritated with them sometimes and tries to get away from the chaos. Pi is seriously a chill dude. He likes to fly, eat and sleep. And since Neptune is the more cautious and careful parrotlet I think Pi can find more common ground. Those two can be in my office together with me and everyone will have a nap. That said though when the parrotlets are in their cages and Pi isn't, he will stop at each cage and great them. So it isn't straightforward, they are all part of a flock and appreciate each other, but also need some.time to just chillout. Oh parrotlets and their little firecracker ways :)

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Your parrotlets are such pretty shades of blue :xflove:
Of cause Pi is as handsome as ever :heart:

Who was the ringleader? :sherlo:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww scruffy but still a cutie!! :swoon:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Pi is a plum headed parakeet or a blossom headed parakeet?
Plum. His tail looks a bit yellow on the tip only because he stained it from a toy. Usually it is crisp white. Good eye though! Very few people can identify the difference :)

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Plum. His tail looks a bit yellow on the tip only because he stained it from a toy. Usually it is crisp white. Good eye though! Very few people can identify the difference :)
Thank you.. Actually I am from their native land, saw them building nest in my garden(I was staying at the foot hills of himalaya that time)