• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Prayers requested, worried here **Update #158**

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
Oh no, I am so sorry, prayers coming for him and you as well. You are most certainly not a failure. Things happen out of our control and it sucks but we are all here for you through it all. That is what AA is for.

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
I am really sorry. I hope it is nothing too bad! But I wanted to say that I have bred and raised lovebirds and their crops are just weird. They don't look super normal anyway. But good luck.

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
@Clueless Oh sweetie, I just read about MC, the entire thread. I am still learning this site and have to remind myself people post according to parrot species. My prayers are with you. How old is MC? He is such a beautiful bird. Thank you to the person who showed the vid on toweling a bird, not happening with Paco that's for sure.

How is MC doing now? Today is Wed, 1/08/2020, I will flag your post to stay updated. Paco and I are thinking of you. Hugs Hugs Hugs!

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Don't know how I missed this one. I am so sorry you are going through this.:sadhug: You are a wonderful parront to MC and Secret please do not blame yourself, they are both very lucky to have you!! We are here for you if you need anything just shout!!:sadhug2:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:sadhug2: You are not a failure. There are so many people who do not or can't give them even the vetting you have done. My heart breaks for you because you are trying everything. Just breathe through each day and don't address tomorrow until you are up to it. It seems to keep me sane if I do it...or at least I think I am. Hubby would likely disagree.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Sending you and MC and your flock lots of :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry. I feel sometimes we are our own worst enemy when we feel we failed a loved one. I think it's human nature to think we have the ability to "fix" everything and we feel lost when it's out of our control. I'm sure many people can relate to feeling like that at some point in their life. You are giving MC and Secret a home where they are loved and taken care of, that's all anyone of us can do. I love reading about them, it reminds me of our two wild caught BFA. and if you give MC a belly kiss I want pictures! Give them both a extra treat from Billy and Howard:hug8:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
It still could be benign just invasive... Hope is never lost...Gosh my Moms friend cured himself from colon cancer with oat grass...Don;t ask me how but he did...Grow oats...feed them to C do whatever...it takes...hope is not yet lost...don;t give up & never blame yourself...Rules 1 & 2!!!!!! The fight & hope i what keeps us going on this rock floating in space...

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So sorry to here of MC's surgery results.
You have not failed MC. To have left him in the situation where you first found him would have been failing him. To leave him stuck in a cage in the corner would be failing him. To give him love and the best care you can is not failing him.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thanks to all.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
How are you feeling and how is MC doing? Don't discount your feelings, let yourself feel them and cry if you need to. Keeping it all bottled up won't do anything but make you worse. We're all here for you.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I've cried a lot.

No one gets out of this world alive. We all know that. It just hits us hard to lose anyone or any pet/friend we love.

He'll be spoiled rotten for as long as it's possible.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm sure MC knows how much he's loved even if he is a little ornery every now and then. BTW what does MC stand for?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I'm sure MC knows how much he's loved even if he is a little ornery every now and then. BTW what does MC stand for?
I never knew.

Never knew where or when my aunt got him. I was told he said a boys name (Brandon?) but never heard that. I thought it mught be like the master of ceremonies at an event..... or Mr. Cutie pie?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug:
I'm so sorry I haven't been on much!

You DID NOT fail MC!

You faught for him & with him! You gave/give him a grand life & will continue to love & spoil him. That is all a Great Parront can do... Give the best you can for as long as is dictated. I know it feels like you have to fix him but just like our children you can only go as far as healthcare can take you. Your a perfect Mom that did the very best. I'll try to come back soon, you can PM me anytime. Kiss that beaker from Buddy & I!

Hugs

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so terribly sorry MC is so sick. You did not fail by any means. Absolutely not. It breaks my heart that he is sick and that you are suffering so much. I have not been around, and my heart sank when I saw the title. I wish I had a cure.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I am so terribly sorry MC is so sick. You did not fail by any means. Absolutely not. It breaks my heart that he is sick and that you are suffering so much. I have not been around, and my heart sank when I saw the title. I wish I had a cure.
Me too.

He will hide everything because he's a bird. I'm just taking a day at a time.

I'm doing better emotionally but I just love that little guy. Secret is feeling the stress and has tried being loving. That, in itself, is rather scary. I know I'm getting better because Secret is returning to normal.