• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Prayers requested, worried here **Update #158**

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thanks to all.

A special thanks for a telephone call that assured me that I had not failed. I had tried my best, that's all any of us can do.

There is a 30 day window that MC needs to get his blood back from the loss.

I truly don't think there's anything that can be done but I can assure you I'll cherish my time with him. Extra nuts and special treats. I don't even know how old he is. He was wild caught but that's all I know.

Sorry to dump on you guys but thanks for listening.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
You have not failed him at all. Unfortunately the cards didn't fall in your favour but neither you nor your hubby have failed MC. You have taken more care and invested more love in MC and Secret regardless of the fact that they might not be hand friendly. You and your hubby have improved their lives and given both of them a fighting chance to survive mistreatment. YOU have not failed.

And yes, I understand the agony, cry to let things out but remember that both MC and Secret need you to be brave and calm and "normal" on a day to day basis, no matter how much it kills you to pretend. They'll know if you're stressed and upset (which is normal) but try, hon, please try to stay as calm as you can. Breath, breath deeply and keep MC close to your heart. I'm crying, so I'm signing off now.
thanks. From the depth of my heart, thanks.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
You’re not dumping anything on anyone, that’s what we’re here for! :sadhug2:
I’m so sorry your family is going through this. I wish we could do more than just listen, but if it helps take stress off of you... by all means dump away!

Still sending prayers for MC and will continue to do so:heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Big hugs to you and MC :sadhug2:I'm so sorry that surgery so difficult.

So often we feel we fail our birds but AA owners are some of the best parrot owners around. We all love our birds so much and do do our best and often go above and beyond to be sure we give them the best daily, nutritional, and medical care we can provide. It breaks my heart when I read here that someone feels they failed their bird. But I've been there myself too so I understand the feeling. Sorry rambling but I'm sort of at a loss as to what say. But I want you to know you and your flock are very loved by this community and we are all pulling for MC, and will be here for you no matter what happens
:sadhug2::grouphug:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Let's hope that Ornery jaw muncher has some cards up his beak...Surgery is not always that bad, My VET did not give me the good meds...after they took out my cancer.
oh he did not bring his Strong RX pad to release me...Oh the irony...how dare he... Told me to take tylenol...Luckily I seem to handle pain well or don't feel it too bad. Limped on a broken toe with no real pain meds...it just was numb...
Anyway not much you can do or take any blame for. You know you did the best for the beak that would maime & no one could have done any better. Live both of your lives & enjoy life to the fullest...its all we can do... :sadhug2: :angel2:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Ok, I'm just spit balling here, the one thing that was offered for Rocky was cold laser therapy, but by the time it was offered. It was already too late to be of help. Nicky's little Eddie has had it done for a small wound on his wing that was slow healing. It's just a late night thought.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry the surgery didn’t work out, but MC, and Secret, are lucky to have you and in no way shape or form have you ever failed them. I loved those pictures you posted of them with the messy beaks! :heart: The next few months might be full of uncertainty, which might be very stressful, but we are all here for you. I will keep praying MC will be okay.:hug8:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Just take it day by day, do what you need to do for MC . He's not in any pain that's a good thing.
Really all any of us have is this moment...keeping him comfortable and pain free is the most important thing.

Being that MC was wild caught would have to indicate that he may be quite up there in years ! 60 years possibly more ! Thats longer than alot of people.
He most likely would not survive this long in the wild.

You know in you're heart of hearts you're birds are alot luckier than many children and helpless creatures that are suffering from human cruelty.

We are all going through this process of end of life , facing it , embracing it takes courage trusting the process of the cycle of life.

Its hard to let go of that which we love , But
Give yourself a break, allow yourself to be okay with this time.

MC is comfortable , safe and dearly loved.

:hug5:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanks to all.

A special thanks for a telephone call that assured me that I had not failed. I had tried my best, that's all any of us can do.

There is a 30 day window that MC needs to get his blood back from the loss.

I truly don't think there's anything that can be done but I can assure you I'll cherish my time with him. Extra nuts and special treats. I don't even know how old he is. He was wild caught but that's all I know.

Sorry to dump on you guys but thanks for listening.
If I can add another thing here. Knowing about low hemoglobin (with my Mom) being iron deficient a few times and needing a transfusion twice. Reading about this, foods that were suggested as in dark leafy greens, such as kale and spinach, legumes, dry fruits such as raisins (be careful if you have food tossers and dogs)

Many foods are iron rich and help building new cells as the body works to make more red blood cells. Natural anti inflammatory herbs can also help turmeric being one.

Ginger, great anti nausea
Cinnamon, anti microbial properties

I believe in herbs and use ans have used many for even my dogs when they feel off etc. ;)

I send you my very best and hope today is alot better for both of you. :heart: :hug8:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Sorry my dear friend but you can't call yourself a failure and not expect your phone to ring. :hug5:
Also, that is my cell phone. You call or text me whenever you have a question or issue.

To answer some difficult questions for her,
At this time this mass is not operable and that might not change.
No histology was done as they could not control the bleeding once the incision was made.
Further efforts won't be considered for another 30 days as he lost quite a bit of blood.
It is highly likely that this mass is malignant considering it's complicated blood supply.
We also have to remember that even if the vet finds plan B, MC is quite old and it might not be in his best interest.

Sorry Clueless, I just answered it so you don't have too.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sorry my dear friend but you can't call yourself a failure and not expect your phone to ring. :hug5:
Also, that is my cell phone. You call or text me whenever you have a question or issue.

To answer some difficult questions for her,
At this time this mass is not operable and that might not change.
No histology was done as they could not control the bleeding once the incision was made.
Further efforts won't be considered for another 30 days as he lost quite a bit of blood.
It is highly likely that this mass is malignant considering it's complicated blood supply.
We also have to remember that even if the vet finds plan B, MC is quite old and it might not be in his best interest.

Sorry Clueless, I just answered it so you don't have too.
Thanks. I just couldn't type that. It makes it real.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Ok, I'm just spit balling here, the one thing that was offered for Rocky was cold laser therapy, but by the time it was offered. It was already too late to be of help. Nicky's little Eddie has had it done for a small wound on his wing that was slow healing. It's just a late night thought.
I'm sorry if I overstepped, it was late night thought.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I will post longer answer later only want to tell this.
Give him hempseed. It has so many good beneficial.
And I also believes in herbs because it's natural food and not something chemical.
So I suggest that you give him dried nettles. If you can't find any I can send to you.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my goodness, please don't say you're a failure. You did what was recommended. You would be beating yourself up if you wouldn't have tried. It's just very sad and unfortunate the surgery didn't work. We all want our birds to live forever, and then we blame ourselves when they don't. It's what we do. When my tiel Sunny had his stroke I was beside myself. My vet would gently tell me every visit, "Sunny is old. Cherish each day you have with him." And I tried to do just that. Hopefully, in the next 30 days, the vet can come up with something to help MC. And I hope you have many years with him still. But he is likely pretty old- so just cherish each day. Big hug.

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
We found Mickey in deplorable conditions in a smoke-filled drug house. He was subsisting on bird seed in a tiny round cage.

These people failed Mickey.

In my eyes, you are a hero.