• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Potty dance?

Tessiebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
I have a cinnamon conure named Tessie and I'm not sure if it's something the breed does or something she's learned but right before she needs to poop she'll get on the floor of her cage and walk around for a second before backing up and doing the deed. Is this a normal thing or is she just weird? She has a lot of quirks and honestly they're all great.

OllieTheConure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
Doing a potty dance is normal!:lol:My cinnamon green cheek, Olive, also takes a few steps back and raises her tail before going potty. When we have Ollie out, it's how I know when to grab a napkin! :hehe:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
100% Normal. Rupert's morning poos are ridiculous though. He'll perch on the door of his cage, squat down super low, do a butt wiggle and then bombs away! :wtf:

Regular poos are as you describe. He'll back up a few steps before pooping.

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
Ha ha. Bird does the grossest morning poops. He is so proud if them that he insists I watch him. He yells "wow-chick-wow" until I am watching. And stops trying to poop if I walk away. When the deed is done he says "woooowwww" and gives it the 'one eye'. The rest of the day he does what i call the "1 step forward and 2 steps back".

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Ha ha. Bird does the grossest morning poops. He is so proud if them that he insists I watch him. He yells "wow-chick-wow" until I am watching. And stops trying to poop if I walk away. When the deed is done he says "woooowwww" and gives it the 'one eye'. The rest of the day he does what i call the "1 step forward and 2 steps back".
:coffeescreen::coffeescreen::coffeescreen:

Tessiebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Taylor
Tessie like to chirp at us right before and right after she goes because she knows we'll praise her and tell her what a good bird she is for using the potty. She definitely has a fun personality.