• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pls help! i don't know what to do

tielluver

Strolling the yard
Real Name
pat pritchard
I would never try to grab a sleeping bird, he probably would freak out, hurt himself. Years ago I had a parakeet that had a bad night fright, and all his tailfeathers broke off. the shafts were still in him, so we had to wait about 4 months until he molted them. during that time he could not fly at all because, no tail. We gave him extra attention. once he molted they quickly grew out, he was fine. and, he was 12 yrs at the time, old for a parakeet. as far as your bird, I would be gentle and talk softly to him, try to offer millet or other treat he likes, maybe just sit by cage and talk to him, maybe put the radio or TV on for him when you're gone to keep him company. that noise also will keep him less likely to get scared of noises outside. I have never used a net. I have heard of small birds getting seriously hurt, broken neck or wing. My birds at 1st did not want to go in cage at bedtime. chasing, grabbing does not work. a treat or an interesting toy in cage does. I have 5, they all go in the cage every night, no problem.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
I believe that people have suggested that if you can't get you bird back into the cage close all the curtains and turn off the lights and catch the bird by hand.

The theory is, ,If it's dark the bird can't see you.

I prefer that method over using a net. But I prefer training over both these methods