• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please Respond, Bird droppings worse

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
Hi guys sorry for being so annoying, earlier today I posted asking about bubbly droppings. Good news, Honey pooped recently and it was clear of bubbles, but now my other male, Wally, has bubbles, this time more, and he is pooping around every 15 minutes. The droppings are very small and have bubbles. He even made a farting noise when he pooped. And he was sitting on a counter, so the bubbles are not from a high drop. Other than that he seems healthy though. Is this bad? At what point should I worry? Is it treatable? Could it be fatal? My mind is full of questions. Thanks so much for your help everyone. 960017C4-96DC-4C59-88A4-E6DE464E6062.jpeg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Agreed. The poop from your other bird in your other thread looked okay. But this one....
Time for the vet.
Do the two birds have contact with each other?

animalover

Jogging around the block
does it smell? it does look like something bacterial but only a vet would know.

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
Agreed. The poop from your other bird in your other thread looked okay. But this one....
Time for the vet.
Do the two birds have contact with each other?
I got him out this morning and his droppings are fine, what Do you think? And yes they do have contact, is this contagious?

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
Here’s an update, the droppings are better but still each have at least 1 bubble, I really want to take him to the vet but it’s closed today. What should I do? Any suggestions? 9A4B01F1-A633-4196-BC50-1F5F5A95DB01.jpeg

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here’s an update, the droppings are better but still each have at least 1 bubble, I really want to take him to the vet but it’s closed today. What should I do? Any suggestions? View attachment 364779
I would say go ahead and schedule as soon as you can. Bacterial or yeast issues can cause a bird to become very sick and can be fatal if allowed to progress. If multiple birds have been exposed, you may have to include them as well.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My cockatiel Sunny once has bubbles in his droppings. I suspected bacterial infection but instead it was a lack of good bacteria in his system. A vet check will rule out doubts and give you peace of mind. A bacterial infection is usually easily treatable with antibiotics. Maybe ask your vet about probiotics too.

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
My cockatiel Sunny once has bubbles in his droppings. I suspected bacterial infection but instead it was a lack of good bacteria in his system. A vet check will rule out doubts and give you peace of mind. A bacterial infection is usually easily treatable with antibiotics. Maybe ask your vet about probiotics too.
Oh great thankyou!