• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Hi. Step back and take a deep breath!

You did fine using the corn starch, next time use cayenne and some light pressure, the bleeding will stop even faster. If you have orange juice I would offer it to your bird. Why orange juice? If you have given blood before they always give you orange for the calorie and sugar boost. I would let the bird sleep on his regular perch, he will be less likely to bump it on an adjacent cage bar.

As a precautionary measure locate some Kayro for dextrose and some children's plain pedialyte. No need to give these to the bird now but you have it in case you need them.

Keep us updated.

Gary

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
Birds thermoregulate their body heat so chances are he is cooling himself down but also warming his feet after the bloodloss. I would suggest that you put him on the cage and let him relax some as he is feeding off of your energy.

Like everyone else said some oj or pedialyte if needed and some quiet time.

Status
Not open for further replies.