• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please come home Einstein!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Go at night carrying a flashlight and a bag of food with you- either shake the bag or pour it is a dish and then just listen, keep calling his name and then listen. The flashlight can be used to shine on trees and see if a pair of eyes are looking back at you. Ask your neighbors to look in their sheds or any other place that he might have gotten trapped in.

I am part of a cat forum and we had one member who lost her mother-in-law's cat one day, he was gone for two weeks, but then he was spotted. He had never really left the area. I have a feeling that your boy is closer than you think

Sending good vibes your way -please keep us posted.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
@GoDucks that is smarter than I was able to muster yesterday! I'm going to ask to use the emergency email list with that suggestion.

I think I'll find some clarity if I can get some sleep tonight.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I am so sorry :sadhug2:Our Mercy got out last year twice when we had company over for the holidays.:bash: The first time the local police saw us out walking around with flashlights so they stopped and asked us if we needed help. They found her using the spot light on the police car pretty quickly. The second time it happened we were not so lucky. I posted on all of the alert sites, put flyers up, and called everywhere imaginable. We drove and walked around the town constantly calling her name with no luck. The local police department even helped us look for her again with no luck. We only got her back because the person that had found her saw my brothers facebook post. We all posted on facebook about her being missing but it was his post that the women saw so have everyone you know in the area with a facebook account post about it. She was gone almost a month by that point so don't give up and we are all here for you!!:sadhug:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Come home Einstein.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
@GoDucks that is smarter than I was able to muster yesterday! I'm going to ask to use the emergency email list with that suggestion.

I think I'll find some clarity if I can get some sleep tonight.
Additional Suggestions

Alert every neighbor to the fact that your kitty is missing.

Another good thing to do is to place a carrier (preferably one that he has used) outside with a unwashed shirt of yours inside. Also make sure to put food and water for him outside. You can also put an ad in your local paper and there are radio stations that will run lost animal ads for free.

Never underestimate the power of the sound of a food bag being shaken or poured into a bowel, or a can of food being opened.

Best time to look for kitty is usually when the world is sleeping- 2am is a great time.

Look in sheds, garages, trees, bushes, and under porches.

Please don't give up and please keep us posted.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thank you guys. I will redouble the effort today. I need to shake off the hopeless feeling I got at the shelter because Theo and Monaco are eyeing me. I feel so bad for Monaco, because her days have not been the same with me so preoccupied.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
No. I keep hoping that I find him waiting for me at the door, though...as if nothing is wrong. I definitely know my neighbors better, and how to navigate dealing with the shelter.

And, I found another bird person nearby by accident while I was going through Craigslist posts. We exchanged emails.

@GoDucks thank you so much for your time and support.

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
No. I keep hoping that I find him waiting for me at the door, though...as if nothing is wrong. I definitely know my neighbors better, and how to navigate dealing with the shelter.

And, I found another bird person nearby by accident while I was going through Craigslist posts. We exchanged emails.

@GoDucks thank you so much for your time and support.

You are most welcome,. I am keeping my fingers crossed for your little guy.

Mama Kirs

Strolling the yard
I'm so sad for you... Have been a cat mom myself for 18 years and loved them immensely, so I totally understand your freaking out. Don't give up hope though. We all know the stories of cats that have come back home when everyone thought all hope was lost. I hope your little monster will be back very soon!

GoDucks

Real Name
Jamie
Nothing. I'm less disoriented, but I am still a proper mess.
Monaco, cats can stay away for a long time and then arrive back home like nothing happened. I am wondering if somebody has him.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
@GoDucks I think it's his only hope. There's no way he would survive this long with another bout of the urinary issue without a vet.