• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please come home Einstein!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Keeping my fingers crossed he returns to you soon.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hoping he will come home really soon. Like NOW. He is gorgeous. Prayers said and fingers crossed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh no!! I'm so sorry. Have you already posted in groups on Facebook and contacted local vets/shelters? Anything we can do to help?

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Thanks guys. So this happens occasionally, but never for this long. The fliers are distributed in the neighborhood (last time he came back the same day I went door to door) and I checked the shelter's website for the recent lost/founds. It's possible our shelter is the next town over. I deleted fb last year, but I will start on vet clinics tomorrow. I was really hoping to find a hungry kitty waiting for me to get home this morning. I don't think there's anything you guys can do, except cross all of your appendages... Eyes too, please! I found two locations he has access to food, and most of my neighbors are sympathetic...most :bored:...one doesn't even have a door to knock on, just fence and the garage...seriously don't want visitors, I guess. I broke a little today, and I can't seem to sleep well. I hope he charmed his way into forbidden food and a comfy lap like last time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m so sorry, I hope he comes home soon!! :hug9:

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Everything crossed over here. I hope he is found soon!! :sadhug:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I hope he's found soon!!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
This is not a good update. Apparently I don't live in a place that handles this kind of thing. I'm not in the city limits, so my county doesn't do "animal control" unless it's something criminal or a dangerous animal. Even if someone takes him to the shelter, they would be turned away to follow the same catch 22 path they just sent me down. I explained this, but I was already hysterical and crying, so she was just repeating herself slowly and being defensive as though I was mad at her personally... It all really went nowhere. I don't have it in me to start on the vets today. Everyone keeps saying to use fb, but I remember looking for Theo years ago to no avail. I don't think I ever understood how to use fb, because they all seem to think it is the best way. I recall trying to add Mr Theo, and no post ever appeared on the page I found, so I moved on to other tangible things.

I don’t know what to do, and I can't stop shaking or crying or being so bewildered about the shelter and how ineffectual it is for large swaths of land in the same zip code. She kept saying "if they're honest about where they found him, we wouldn't take him." So, I'm consumed by trying to figure out where they would go next, but I don't know. I genuinely think that they're so busy following arbitrary rules that they're incapable of networking. Literally no communication with the next jurisdiction exists, and I was told to ask the city hall in the next town for the number for the county sheriff so that I could call them. What... Is... Happening... I called everyone she told me to call, and they were all as confused as I was about why I was calling them. These towns are MILES away. I'm spinning out.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I still get contacted by people about my missing green cheek from Facebook posts and it has been about 4 years now. There are city/area groups, lost and found pet groups, etc that people post to and that's how they get the word out more.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry. We live the country and found a tame neutered cat by us. We tried taking him to the shelter 33 miles away but in a another country they wouldn't take him. My daughter has a friend who works at another shelter so she helped us out by taking him. Don't give up.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh no! I am so sorry this is turning out to be harder than it should be :( Is there maybe someone you know who would be wiling to put a FB post up on your behalf and alert you to any possible information? I do not use FB either and seem to miss out on a lot of the information that others get.

Sending you lots of love and good wishes :sadhug2:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I am sorry. I recently lost a cat myself, so I can sympathize:sad4:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry!! :sadhug2: I hope he comes home soon!!

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Oh, @scrape , that's awful. I have to stay away from most posts like this to keep me from crying. I'm glad you guys are strong enough to read and respond, though!

@Mizzely I sent things to a great lady that works with my mother at the human shelter to post on fb for me.

@Greylady1966 yep. Us "remainder of county" people have some distinct issues. Im okay with the boundaries being drawn, because they have to go somewhere, but I'm not okay with the "end of the line" unless you want to go in circles situation. I called the other rescues, but they don't "take in from the public." So, they take from the shelters, but they have to get into a shelter to get to the rescues.

I kinda want to destroy things with my big truck, but I lent it to a friend to move.