• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Playstands in UK

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Does anyone know where I can purchase a playstand of good quality in the UK? I've looked on Amazon however, they didn't look the best and the reviews weren't that great either. There were a few playstands that I liked on Etsy, but they were from outside the UK and the shipping fees were crazy expensive.

Last edited:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I got mine from my regular pet store. Mind you, they sell birds, so have everything for them.

Limon

Meeting neighbors

Limon

Meeting neighbors
I got mine from my regular pet store. Mind you, they sell birds, so have everything for them.
I'm surprised that idea never occurred to me, since it seems like it would be the most obvious one haha. Thank you, much appreciated.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I made my own everything bought online in the UK far cheaper than anything you can buy online or in shops.

It took me a couple of hours to make and i am useless at diy, if you can measure and use a saw easy as.

Limon

Meeting neighbors
I made my own everything bought online in the UK far cheaper than anything you can buy online or in shops.

It took me a couple of hours to make and i am useless at diy, if you can measure and use a saw easy as.
I just checked it out and think you should give your diy skills more credit. It looks awesome! I don't know if I could ever build something like this without becoming a hot mess haha. But, I'll never know until I try.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
just checked it out and think you should give your diy skills more credit
I am useless believe me if i can make that anyone can

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I am useless believe me if i can make that anyone can
Omg I missed that post!!!
That looks awesome!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
It's like a jungle gym. I wanted to make one too, so hubby and I went to B&Q to get the pvc but they didn't have the size we wanted in stock.
Meanwhile, I had put some vet wrap on one of Frankie's toys, and he wanted nothing to do with it. Dolly was the same as Frankie. I think it's the texture of it?
So, back to the drawing board as they say. At least they both love their playstand :)
Your birdies must be loving that!!
You should make some and sell them online. They would be a hit.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg I missed that post!!!
That looks awesome!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
It's like a jungle gym. I wanted to make one too, so hubby and I went to B&Q to get the pvc but they didn't have the size we wanted in stock.
Meanwhile, I had put some vet wrap on one of Frankie's toys, and he wanted nothing to do with it. Dolly was the same as Frankie. I think it's the texture of it?
So, back to the drawing board as they say. At least they both love their playstand :)
Your birdies must be loving that!!
You should make some and sell them online. They would be a hit.
They dont have it anymore it's in pieces in a box, i got two java trees so they stopped using the playstand.

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Update: Limon's playstand (mini java tree) from Scarlett's arrived today! At first she was weary of it but once I lured her with millet, she was loving it and even took a nap; it was adorable. I'll add a toy onto one of the perches later. 35EFA694-E418-4AD5-B943-30D0A7F7DF84.jpeg

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Update: Limon's playstand (mini java tree) from Scarlett's arrived today! At first she was weary of it but once I lured her with millet, she was loving it and even took a nap; it was adorable. I'll add a toy onto one of the perches later. View attachment 430066
Oh that looks great, and she seems so happy on it. Good choice.
Scarletts, Northern Parrots, and Parrot Essentials are all good online stores for our feathered babies.:)

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Oh that looks great, and she seems so happy on it. Good choice.
Scarletts, Northern Parrots, and Parrot Essentials are all good online stores for our feathered babies.:)
Yes! They're all amazing stores and have a great selection of bird related everything. I'm definitely gonna be a regular on there.