• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mojo's play gym project

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As Mojo is out and about now daily i have decided she needs a play gym to occupy her.
The requirements are -
1.Needs to be able to be moved ( once further along in her training and development the gym will go upstairs to my office where she will spend the day with me )
2.Needs to be able to be added to over time ( i want to be able to add to it to keep things fresh for her )

So have drawn up some plans no C.A.D. here just on a scrap of paper and im probably the only person who would understand them so no point sharing.
Ordered the stuff needed online and the last bits arrived today.

20210602_143048.jpg

15 metres of pvc pipe

20210602_144007.jpg

PvcPipe fittings
22 T pieces
10 end caps
4 bends

20210603_095013.jpg

Vetrinary bandage sourced from a vets supplier.

Have stainless steel fish eye hooks that will be placed under the pipework for attatching toys to.

I have a few toys ready for it and some others ordered.

Will be making it over the weekend hopefully all will go as planned.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awesome !!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just be careful to make sure that its all furniture grade pvc

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so excited and can’t wait to see what you come up with! Are the long pipe sections black to match the connectors as well?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so excited and can’t wait to see what you come up with! Are the long pipe sections black to match the connectors as well?
Yeah long pipe is black as well

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just cracked open a ice cold beer much needed after 5 hours in the scorching sun.
So todays plans where to bring some lines and measurements to life so five hours ago i started sawing 15 metres of pipe into various sizes before assembling.

20210605_125733.jpg 20210605_125743.jpg

Its stands 1 metre and 10 cms high and is 50 cm square.

Now thats obviously just a load of pipes so next i fixed 20 fish eye hooks underneath the pipe to fix toys to.
Then needed to wrap with vetrinary bandage for Mojos feet and to add a splash of colour to keep things interesting for her.

20210605_155013.jpg 20210605_155024.jpg

Ok so maybe more than a splash of colour but i thought the bare pipe looked rubbish.
Now it needs a few toys i do need to make a few more but i think that will be for another day as its time to chill oh yeah toys.

20210605_160209.jpg 20210605_160229.jpg 20210605_160430.jpg
Im pretty pleased with how it went but that doesnt matter if Mojo doesnt give it her seal of approval later today.
There are no food bowls on it yet however thats not a issue as there will be some food and water on top of her cage so she can fly 4 metres dow the living room if she needs a drink or a snack.
I need to find the right size bowl with the right fitting to attatch to the ends of the perches.
I cant say i would have done anything differently now it's finished lets just hope my girl enjoys it.
It fits the brief can be add to easily enough and its mobile so can go in my office when Mojo starts to join me during work. ( once she i behaved well enough that she wont disturb me during my work day )

I do think there will be a Mojo play gym part two though at some point if this gets the Mojo seal of approval.

20210524_202057.jpg

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
That turned out great!

50cm square makes it portable through doors, but I'm curious what your appraisal is regarding its stability against tipping (and the dimensional choices overall, now that it's made the transition from paper to real life). I'm considering something like that for a portable stand here, but in addition to a conure, I'd need to accommodate a 460g medium sized guy and a 1030g big boy (multiple stands, not all on one).

Thinking some way to add weight to the bottom might work for me, while keeping the dimensions in the portable range.

Again, great work, and thanks for sharing the build!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That turned out great!

50cm square makes it portable through doors, but I'm curious what your appraisal is regarding its stability against tipping (and the dimensional choices overall, now that it's made the transition from paper to real life). I'm considering something like that for a portable stand here, but in addition to a conure, I'd need to accommodate a 460g medium sized guy and a 1030g big boy (multiple stands, not all on one).

Thinking some way to add weight to the bottom might work for me, while keeping the dimensions in the portable range.

Again, great work, and thanks for sharing the build!
Thanks for the nice feedback appreciate it.

Stability wise im not massively concerned with Mojo as she is not the largest bird however i have a cunning plan if there are stability issues.
The legs have endcaps on that can easily be removed i would replace them with bends.
I would then put 20 cm of pipe into the other end of the bend. These will then be able to be folded in for moving and folded out as if in a x when stationary for added stability.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
folded in for moving and folded out as if in a x when stationary for added stability.
Ah, clever, just like outriggers on a crane. Thanks!

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
You’ll have to give us some action shots of Mojo

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Awesome! Looks like a lot of fun for Mojo!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
She’s pretty busy exploring the gym! :xflove: