• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pigeon care?

dandruff

Moving in
Real Name
Riot
The only pigeon care guides i can find on the internet are for racing pigeons or pigeons that you're breeding/keeping in larger quantities outside. I'm planning on keeping one pigeon inside (not soon, probably about a year to a year and a half in the future). The problem is, i can't find anything about their diet, what size or type of cage i should buy, or what type of toys i should add to the cage.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
Hello! I've recently been researching a lot into these wonderful birds. Here are the sheets I've come across!
The first one is an article to help you figure out what cage best fits your style/bird. Personally I'd suggest an appropriately-sized dog carrier (if you plan to have your pigeon out super often) or the cat cage I have linked below. However, it does depend on what breed you're looking into. Best of luck!
- Rolling Cat Cage 4 Tiers 3 Stairs Brake Casters Large Heavy Duty Pet Cage Used | eBay

- How to Choose a Cage for Pigeons or Doves -
- Basic Pigeon Care Faq
- Indoor Pigeon Care Final Word.docx
- Accumulated Care Tips for Pigeons
- Indoor Pigeon Care Final Word.docx

Karearea

Meeting neighbors
As an extra note, a lot of toys and structures made for cats will work super well for pigeons too! Shiny, jingly, colorful toys can often be attractive to these guys, though I would also suggest making some fun foraging opportunities too. As for food, you'll want a mix of seeds and legumes (lentils, peas), supplemented with grit and maybe some pigeon pellets. Foy's makes a lot of great products for pigeons, so definitely look into them!