• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Personal dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I would be her personal assistant. There is no HR. She doesn't want her client to know she has additional help. She wants me to do the extra work that she can't without it appearing to be anyone else but her
I know the money is tempting but I think this is going to be a can of worms starting out so deceptively already. And given the history of manipulation, I wouldn't do it. Just tell her you don't think you can mentally handle the stress. Have you looked for other online or remote part time work?

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know the money is tempting but I think this is going to be a can of worms starting out so deceptively already. And given the history of manipulation, I wouldn't do it. Just tell her you don't think you can mentally handle the stress. Have you looked for other online or remote part time work?
Yes, I briefly looked around for online but got a little confused and overwhelmed so I stopped, but I'd be willing to work online if the company was legit.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Could you find a similar work-from-home computer job for anyone else?

Working from home sounds like a wonderful idea. Doing her work for her and making less than she does for it sounds not so good. Signing any kind of contract with her sounds terrifying.
I totally agree with Karen.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Family and business dont mix. Call a temp agency and see if they know of anyone who is looking for data work to be done at home, doctors offices, there are all kinds of stuff you can look into. Be careful, there are alot of online scams about working at home

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I am behind (again) and it looks like you've already made a decision (yay!) but with over 10 years of HR experience under my belt this had warning signs all over it.
Regardless of history, working for someone you know in a personal setting is never a good idea. It can go south more often than work out well.
I can also relate to how you are feeling right now--I have been trying to get out of my job. I am 100% remote and struggled with giving that up. I stumbled into a job that will eventually (like, after a month) allow for 2x a week at home and for my health and sanity that is a good compromise (I have not slept in 4 weeks). So, have faith that the right thing will find you, and feel good about taking care of yourself. Everyone has told me this--we can't be good caregivers to our birds if we are not taking care of ourselves first. Put on your oxygen mask and all that. :)

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
we can't be good caregivers to our birds if we are not taking care of ourselves first. Put on your oxygen mask and all that
I agree. I have been doing yoga every morning for the last 2.5 weeks and it has helped so much! It revitalizes me and helps me escape for a while. It has now become part of my life. Java also watches me do yoga. Maybe one day he'll join me :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.