• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pepper is gone

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Unfortunately not. :( A lot of animals will refuse to go towards humans they don't know when they are lost. It's one thing to go to a stranger in a home where they feel comfortable, it's another to go to a stranger outside when they are lost.

Tried to help catch a little small white dog that was running around a business area of a residential area... the owner said she'd come to her name, but she was too terrified to come near me. In the end, a dog that I used to care for (K9 kennels - dog failed K9 Dog Academy and was rehomed locally) managed to find the dog (after she disappeared yet again!) and the owner was able to get her dog to come out of hiding.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
baby a nandy just landed on a person on a golf course after hanging out with the quakers was in the animal shelter 30 days before being adopted by a friend she bonded with my quaker as she had been with the wild ones i think

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
A lady stopped by saying she saw a light grey bird's body lying somewhere, said it didnt have a head.
She gave us the location but I didnt see anything there...maybe a pigeon?? or something

Still waiting for a sign of her. I kept an eye out while we ran errands within the city and two others.. we had gone to the one "heard" area yesterday and again today as well
But nothing except a hawk and crows mobbing it were around.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Day 43 is nearly over. All these days without Pepper seem so different. She was usually up to some mischief or just being sweet...or sassy

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
A guy stopped by one day to say he saw a dead bird down the street that could be Lurch. It turned out to be a medium sized songbird but I guess a bird is a bird to some people.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I had a dream the other night about one of my own tiels getting out, getting lost, and eventually flying back to me. I'm hoping its a good omen for you and Pepper.
I've been keeping both of you in my thoughts.
:sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
She used to have a 'tiel. Asked her if she was sure it could have been Pepper, told her about Pepper's "dappled white" marks all over her body and she said it looked mostly grey.

I hope so! Most of my family had dreamed about Pepper being home or finding her some weeks back..

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
It has been so long since someone had actually seen her. I don't think she's around :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry you still haven't found her :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
So sad, sorry you haven't found her yet :sadhug2:

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
We were at the bird place again and they have this male 'tiel named Tweety, 14yrs old. He's a lutino-pied
He and Pikachu seemed to click because they were exchanging tweets, and Tweety got excited trying to get out and say hi to Pikachu.
His owner moved to Alaska or something and didnt want to bring him, and her family didn't want him either so they dropped him off
The owner of the bird place is giving them three days to decide if they really want to give him up- otherwise he is possibly coming home with us.
He will not be taking the place of Pepper of course as Im really hoping she is still alive out there, but if this all turns out okay Pikachu will have a friend!

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
No bird will take the place of Pepper but if you can offer a home to this poor boy in need, that would be very nice. Especially if he and Pikachu can provide each other comfort and company.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I was given Dobby shortly after Lurch escaped and he's been good for me but yes he'll never replace Lurch or Nerd before him but he needed a new Daddy after Momazon had a life change and I needed a new friend. If Lurch ever shows up he'll have a good example and hopefully a buddy.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I thought I got a picture, I didn't though
Yeah, Im hoping Tweety will ease Pikachu's sadness a little if we do end up bringing him back home

If Pepper does get home safe, she'll be taken straight to the vet and quarantined in a different room here..but then hopefully she will still get along with Pikachu, and learn to be ok with Tweety around

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I hope it works out with Tweety, and I can't wait to see pictures! (I'm still hoping and praying Pepper will be found.)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wishing you the best with Tweety and still hoping that Pepper will find her way home.