• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot Might of Come in Contact with Mouse Droppings! What should I do/look out for.

Summzz

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Summer
Hi everyone.
I even hate writing this. We had a small mouse get into our house and sadly I saw it going into my bird's room a few days ago. I laid out humane traps, cleaned, moved anything that it could hide in but nothing caught it. Just now I was cleaning their cages and I saw mouse droppings on Mango's swing, which is high up in the cage so not even sure why it was there. I freaked out, have cleaned all their toys and cages, thrown out everything that can't be cleaned, and was very paranoid. Sadly the swing was leather so I didn't think I could clean it well enough. I'm really worried he might have come in contact before I saw it. It would have only been since this morning till afternoon but that's still enough time for him to climb up there and use the swing. I'm just wondering if there is anything I should look out for or be worried about if he did come in contact (really hoping he didn't). He seems totally fine and happy now but I wasn't sure what type of illnesses could come of mouse droppings. I'm going to do a second cleaning as I'm super grossed out, I don't even know how he got in the house!
Thanks!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie