• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pacing Bird

NicoleCBird

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a female cockatiel who lives with her mate. They had babies who are now old enough to be on their own so they go between 2 cages. Ever since than she calls all day and paces back and forth on her bars. Regardless if they are the cage with her or separate or even in different areas of the house. The cage door is open and she can come out as she pleases but doesn’t. Even tho the other birds do. She is not sick. She has plenty of toys but has never been that interested. Any thoughts to why???? It’s driving me crazy.

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Please don’t get angry at her. Some people have birds who drive them crazy and they give them away. Don’t do that please take time with her. She might want her mate or just to spend quality time with you. Some birds need a little more time than others.

NicoleCBird

Checking out the neighborhood
Oh I would never get rid of her. I just was hoping for some insight on what she needs since this is a new development

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How old were the babies when you removed them? She might be calling for them or calling to them.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello Nicole, welcome to the forum :)

When were the chicks separated from the parents? Is the cock still with her? How old are the chicks now?
And could you post a picture of their setup?