• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Outings..key to a happy bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, I never thought to bring Archie and Ella out to one of my horse shows!
I have one coming up here at the end of June....I wonder if I can finagle a way to get them to the outing :)

BamaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janet
Leo and Remy love their harness outings. Leo is full of pin feathers at the moment which make him too cranky to wear his harness right now. Both boys love to ride on the arm of the passenger seat. Lola is content to watch from her carrier and serenade us as we drive, LOL.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Mine love to be outside. I have a cage out on our front porch and they are content to sit in it and play for hours. They dont even want to come in sometimes :) I wish I could get either one of mine used to the harness but no luck so far so they will have to content in their outdoor cage.

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
Rosie loves going out. She went to my daughters school today and loves the attention she gets there.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
I would love to do that with Noodle but she is too little :(

All the harnesses I see say they are for tiels or larger and Noodle is smaller than my tiels and so streamlined I think she would just manage to dart right out of it.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Outings are great for birds. I take Bokka with me to every park, beach, lake, river we go in the summer time. He loves it!

Last summer I would switch around with my birds, one day I'd take Bokka to the park, and then Gra to the park the next day, and then Pua, and so on.. They love the outdoors :D

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Also, have you noticed how well behaved they are?!?!

Gertie, who is untouchable at home, will step up to strangers in an unfamiliar place. Of course, so will Ollie and Sam Mealy. They become very docile and submissive I guess, because they're not in their element.

Status
Not open for further replies.