• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Other" Conure Roll Call

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
My little Max turns out possibly to be a BCC x GCC cross. When I got him, the breeder said he was a black capped, but he’s got some characteristics that indicate a GCC might have been in the woodpile:huh:. Still love him :shy:. Can he be considered an “other”? View attachment 309075
He's a cutie!

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
My little Max turns out possibly to be a BCC x GCC cross. When I got him, the breeder said he was a black capped, but he’s got some characteristics that indicate a GCC might have been in the woodpile:huh:. Still love him :shy:. Can he be considered an “other”?

View attachment 309075
So cute!! Looks like he got the best attributes of both species! :xflove:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
That's such an adorable picture! :heart:

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
Not that I am ready for another bird at all, but does anyone on here have a Maroon Belly? They are so adorable, but I never hear much about them!

Aidenwb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Aiden Brick
This is my sweet little Black Capped boy Navi. He came to us at 1.5years old with Fatty Liver Disease as well as the claims that he was very aggressive and too difficult to have around. He’s made some pretty huge improvements in the 6 months he’s been here (blood panels are more or less normal) and he’s been the sweetest little guy with us since day one. 04D353DE-4B1D-470C-AE1B-3C07A929800E.jpeg C3A5834C-E8AB-40AC-97C3-F1161332F464.png 4F1E0E05-08D7-4D3B-9A7B-0B65D7E68511.png

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Welcome! Navi is a cutie! I can't even imagine an "aggressive" black capped conure.... Unless he tries to snuggle you to death!

MotherOfBirbs

Meeting neighbors
I just became a new conure mom like 4 days new :roflmao: . Her name is Annie who is a nanday conure. She is a rescue. Someone reached out to me because they saw many photos I posted of my sweet cockatiels on social media. Annie came from a loving but undesirable home and was starting to become neglected. She was in a room with 2 other cockatiels (which I also took in- terrified of people) 2 other parrots (possibly conures I’m not sure) and a blue macaw. She was left in her small cage in the corner(I’m not sure for how long) and I’m finding possibly because of the other birds from that home, she screams when there are loud noises lol. By day 3 she already flew to me and we’ve been working on her step ups. She still bites hard but that’s starting to slowdown (knock on wood)

Attachments

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Welcome! And thank you for taking Annie in, she's gorgeous! @TikkiTembo recently adopted a nanday too :)

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@MotherOfBirbs It's been 7 days since we got our Nanday! Annie is gorgeous! Ours was surrendered to a rescue for being too loud (insert eye roll here) He was pretty overwhelmed at the rescue, but has settled in nicely at home. He enjoys the company of our cockatiel, and I think watching Tikki fly and walk confidently around our house has helped him. He's still nippy for step ups too, but yesterday, for the first time, he walked to me and chose to climb up to my shoulder! I had to hide his cage to achieve this but it's progress haha
Good luck with Annie, this forum has given us some invaluable information, and I've made some nice friends!

MotherOfBirbs

Meeting neighbors
@MotherOfBirbs It's been 7 days since we got our Nanday! Annie is gorgeous! Ours was surrendered to a rescue for being too loud (insert eye roll here) He was pretty overwhelmed at the rescue, but has settled in nicely at home. He enjoys the company of our cockatiel, and I think watching Tikki fly and walk confidently around our house has helped him. He's still nippy for step ups too, but yesterday, for the first time, he walked to me and chose to climb up to my shoulder! I had to hide his cage to achieve this but it's progress haha
Good luck with Annie, this forum has given us some invaluable information, and I've made some nice friends!
I read before I picked her up that Conures are loud so I made sure to prepare myself haha! I'm so happy yours has you and Tikki now! I have my tow teils and Annie is very curious but I'm so nervous to let them interact haha I am just still not sure on Annies behavior. She's all over the place right now. She is still very nippy when I try to take her out of her cage so I let her come out on her own. Once she's out she's good and steps up nicely. I know she just wants to see everything since she was kept in a tiny parakeet cage for at least a while. I too am wondering if hiding her cage would be better...when shes out its only for maybe 45 minutes . I'm so excited I found this forum!

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
I know she just wants to see everything since she was kept in a tiny parakeet cage for at least a while.
:sad4: She's so fortunate that you adopted her. I bet she will figure it out soon.;)

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
I just realized that my avatar has both of my birbs appearing to live in a little box :lol:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@IttyBittyBirds I have an 18 year old maroon belly conure, Rocky. She is a little clown. I love her very much.

I also have a rescue Nanday, Scout. She is the sweetest thing ever. I also have a rescue nanday/conure mix, Felix. I’ve been fostering Felix for the last few months. I just found out he has PDD. Felix is wild, but adorable.

39156C52-A928-4D9A-A51F-37A9EE8CB0D0.jpeg C9190E42-8B61-4A25-A695-9B8D77B0BF1D.jpeg 40FED289-82CE-4A64-97D6-7FB998334A96.jpeg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I just realized that my avatar has both of my birbs appearing to live in a little box :lol:
I swear my conure acts like a cat sometimes, so boxes are appropriate!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

IttyBittyBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Laura
@IttyBittyBirds I have an 18 year old maroon belly conure, Rocky. She is a little clown. I love her very much.

I also have a rescue Nanday, Scout. She is the sweetest thing ever. I also have a rescue nanday/conure mix, Felix. I’ve been fostering Felix for the last few months. I just found out he has PDD. Felix is wild, but adorable.

View attachment 309686 View attachment 309687 View attachment 309685
Gorgeous!!! I really love Maroon Bellies! Your Nanday is lovely too! :xflove: