• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinion on rehoming via kijiji?

Rehome off of kijiji.com?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Three of mine are from Kijiji! Meet in public with someone you know. Good point about scams though. I had someone want me to send them money & they’d send the budgies in a cab. Yeah, along with a dodo, I’m sure. This was at the height of budgie rarity here.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Jardine's is from Craigslist (similar idea as far as I can tell) and couldn't be happier :)

There are scams on every platform.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I met Oscar through Kijiji, but I agree that scams are everywhere unfortunately.

I have a Kijiji alert for "macaw" in Ontario and I find that seeing the steady stream of ads not only provides a sense of what a legitimate post looks like, but also tunes your radar for ones that have warning signs (after a few years of doing so, it feels like that's the case).

My best advice is don't buy sight unseen, but a close second might be to avoid getting too excited too soon about a specific bird (clouds rational judgement) and be prepared to walk away. Perhaps related to that advice is to have an impartial friend review an ad you're interested in and also use them as a sounding board for what you're hearing from the seller if/when you open a dialogue with one (or use this forum if your friend isn't knowledgeable about birds).