• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OH MY GOD, I've just gone through labor with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What a scare. But do you think something might be wrong inside because she was in so much pain trying to pass it? Is that normal?

Ginger

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Our birds never fail to surprise us one way or another.So pleased it was a happy outcome Billiefaye, but quite scary while it was happening I should have thought. Especially not knowing what on earth was going on.
Will someone please tell me, my two female Greys will they lay eggs eventually or is it something that may or may not happen? One is five and one in her eleventh year, but would not have a clue if an egg blopped out!:hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh Amigo, I am so glad you are ok...you silly girl. I know from experience how scary egg issues can be...so glad your girl passed her egg...hope there arent more. lol

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:omg: What a shocker! Well that's one way to sex them. No doubt Amigo is a Senorita now!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: So glad Poppa was there too. How big is a macaw egg? Poor girl...must have been frightening for her too, especially if this was her first one. It's always something, huh?:hug8:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
What a scare. But do you think something might be wrong inside because she was in so much pain trying to pass it? Is that normal?

Ginger
I don't think so..there was no blood on the egg which is good...she settled right down afterwards.....
Our birds never fail to surprise us one way or another.So pleased it was a happy outcome Billiefaye, but quite scary while it was happening I should have thought. Especially not knowing what on earth was going on.
Will someone please tell me, my two female Greys will they lay eggs eventually or is it something that may or may not happen? One is five and one in her eleventh year, but would not have a clue if an egg blopped out!:hug8:
Ann, I have had bird come to me that was suppose to be boys, in their teens and have laid eggs within a month of being here! Amigo was 4 when she came to us....she is now 8 and the youngest of my large macaws...but it's been a little over a month since we moved her downstairs to a room right below where she was...maybe this stimulated her to lay..lighting is basically the same and gets turned off at the same time also...
Oh Amigo, I am so glad you are ok...you silly girl. I know from experience how scary egg issues can be...so glad your girl passed her egg...hope there arent more. lol
Have been thinking about this also...and have to decide what to do now....Amigo has never had a cage and is now being in a sleeping cage at night...I'm wondering if this was the stimulant...I give her papers on her stand to tare up...always have...but she tares up the papers in the sleeping cage during the night and did that AFTER laying the egg last night...
:omg: What a shocker! Well that's one way to sex them. No doubt Amigo is a Senorita now!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: So glad Poppa was there too. How big is a macaw egg? Poor girl...must have been frightening for her too, especially if this was her first one. It's always something, huh?:hug8:
Diffenently was her first one....
Glad our "boy" came out of the closet!! :)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw, poor girl. I'm glad she's okay.

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Wow what a story - as Gomer Pyle used to say "surprise, surprise, surprise !!!"

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whoa!!:omg: Glad to hear everything ended well.:)

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
What an amazing story! Poor little girly didn't know what was happening to her... I'm still having my share of "egg" problems so I know how you both felt.

Last edited:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
BF that is crazy!

Glad you both were there to help her through it.:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What is it with all the eggies all of a sudden I counted 5 threads so far.

Ginger

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
OMG BF That is scary but so glad Amigo is doing well. I could not imagine going through that although haveing a girl myself I know I have to watch it and watch out for that. Hug's to Amigo.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Poor baby, and poor you! That had to be a frightening experience for all of you.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Oh, I can't imagine how horrible that must have been. When my parakeet laid two eggs I was really worried about her, even though she had passed both of them okay. ~Shudder~

I'm so glad everything worked out!

Hope Riddle

Sprinting down the street
WOW!! I am glad she is alright. That would have scared the vittles out of me.:hehe: Anyone ready for birdie baby boom??? LOL.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Oh wow!! I was sitting at the edge of my seat for this one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.