• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OH MY GOD, I've just gone through labor with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Amigo, B&G!
:omg::omg::omg:
Amigo has been down stairs with us for about a month now...He has been sleeping in the wire travel carrier in our bedroom and on his play stand in the dinning room with Gus, and the gang during the day....
I had just gone to bed and I could hear Amigo ripping up the paper...and then the most awful noise started coming from him....after about a minute of this, I got up, turned on the light to see Amigo on the bottom of the carriers UNDER the perch and MOANING like he is in pain....I thought he was caught!!! By this time Poppa is coming over and I'm opening the door and poor Amigo is really moaning and puffed up..he is not caught! but is in pain....I slowly gather him up in my arms and start checking him out...can't find anything wrong...and then he is starting to strain like he wants to go poop but can't...I'm thinking that I now have a very sick bird on my hands...Poppa takes him from me and is cradling Amigo in his arms, asking me all sorts of ?'s....could he have eaten something and it got stuck? or turn sour in his intestinal tract? and poor Amigo all this time is REALLY MOANING...Honest, I have NEVER had a bird do this sound but you know the bird is hurting! He is starting to strain even more and MOAN louder and we both are getting very worried that he is in sever pain and what to do...I begin to gather him up into my arms and that is when it happened.....AN EGG hits the floor at Poppa's feet!:huh: AMIGO is a GIRL!!! and is not moaning any more!:dance4: I'm holding her and scratching her head and telling her what a good girl she is and she is just exhausted!!! Poppa cleans up the broken egg, Amigo is looking down at it as he is doing this....Poppa then takes her in his arms and holds her, she snuggles against him for a bit and we put her back to bed...she is fine!!!!!
We are both a little shook up but had to come tell you about it!
Never had that sound happen before from a bird who has laid an egg in front of us....it really did remind me of a woman going through labor:p....we will see what happens in a couple of days from now....at least I'll be ready for the next one!:D:hug8:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Oh my BF! That is quite the story. I cant even imagine thinking Amigo is in so much pain and not sure why and then an egg plops out!

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:omg::omg::omg:
How scary! Glad it turned out to be an egg and nothing too serious.:eek:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Let me tell you! I really didn't know what was going on...I did feel to see if there was an egg there but couldn't feel anything! That is what got me...we have always thought Amigo was a boy!!! This bird was hurting/fluffed and not moving hardly at all...but wasn't biting me or Poppa either while we were handling her...:hug8:

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Thank goodness Amigo didn't get eggbound. Thats one of my greatest fears. I know one of mine is female but have no idea about the other two.

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Oh wow!!! I'm glad SHE is ok!!! What a surprise to find out Amigo is a girl!!

Kessie just laid 2 eggs in the last couple of days and I never heard any noise from her (unless it happened while I was asleep)

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Wendy, she has been doing the "feel good" thing on her food dish the last couple of days a couple of times a day!!!:o: What is interesting is Gus, B&G and Carlos, Harlequin, don't pay her any attention!
She and Crayola, Catalina, had "paired" up together for the last year upstairs in the Macaw room but never did anything and she got really aggressive with both of us UNTIL we brought her downstairs (she quit eating and that alerted us to bring her down to see what was going on and getting her to eat)...we decided to keep her downstairs and that is where she has been for the last 4-6 weeks....and has turned back into the loving baby she was before she decided Crayola was better looking than us!:rofl::hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Pooor baby! Thank goodness she had you and poppa to help comfort her. Did you she looked suprised at the eggie?...lol

GRANNYKAT50

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
kathy
I can imagine how surprised you were.:rofl: Well I hope things go back to normal now and maybe you will have an addition to your flock:heart:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
:faint: OMGoodness, what a surprise! Glad she's ok now. :hug8:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Glad our "boy" came out of the closet!! :)

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
At least you can 'fix' her name easily by just making it Amiga! :lol: Glad that story had a happy ending (except for the poor egg) :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aw, I am glad that Amigo, is OK! That must have been kind of scary!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
hmmmmm grandma grandpa lol
sure glad poppa was home to help :laughing12:
now is she going back to her man :lol:and become an honest woman
realy im so glad all came out ok :laughing12::laughing12:

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I'm glad she passed it okay!

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:omg: I'd have been beside myself not knowing what's going on with that poor 'boy'! :faint: Glad she's OK!:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.