• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Noisy, scary cage!

qiaolintan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tan Qiao Lin
I just got a new bird cage for my budgie, Tro! However, it has those metal grate floors that can be pulled out to clean, so it does make rattling sounds when something lands on it.

Tro was exploring the cage just now (mind, he's already PRETTY skeptical of this new, big cage that made a LOT of noise while we were attempting to set it up oops) and when he landed on the bottom of the cage, it made a big rattling sound that scared the feathers off of him. I was wondering if birds do get used to these sounds (his current cage doesn't make such sounds when he lands on the bottom), or has anyone with a similar cage set up found a way to sound proof the rattling metal??

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Burt used to freak out when I had to slide his bottom trays out because they do not line up properly so if i am not careful when removing them they get stuck and make a lot of noise and even more to get them unstuck. He is not bothered about them now, he even helps me when I have to get them out and even if I drop one and make the biggest noise with it he is not bothered. I think once they work out the noise is all that happens (nothing bad with the noise or afterwards) they do not seem to panic about it so much or at all. Not sure if your guy will give it another go but if no fuss is made when the noise happens hopefully he will learn it is fine and will not hurt him.