• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Toys!

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
Hi guys, I have a vet appointment for Wally concerning the foamy droppings, but on another note, my mom gave my a bunch of bird toys for my birthday, I was just curious for everyone with smaller birds. What toys do you birds like? And also, do I have enough? 855F1AE6-82B0-4347-9E8C-A0486C128E9C.jpeg C6180EEF-E6CF-42F4-AD3B-C6D841DC0ADC.jpeg B67124EA-4018-4283-883A-C923BA07508B.jpeg 57183AFC-A988-4EC1-9797-82967138E384.jpeg F840571E-97A2-41AB-91B5-AB444AFF9C3B.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I always try to touch a few bases - durable/noisy toys, foraging toys, and something that can be destroyed. Does your bird have anything that can be chewed? Balsa, yucca, craft sticks, etc?

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
I always try to touch a few bases - durable/noisy toys, foraging toys, and something that can be destroyed. Does your bird have anything that can be chewed? Balsa, yucca, craft sticks, etc?
Yes, they have wooden branches that they chew on and some other toys, does your store sell stuff like that in bulk?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes, they have wooden branches that they chew on and some other toys, does your store sell stuff like that in bulk?
Majority of my toys are meant to be destroyed. As everything is made by hand I don't really have anything in "bulk" though

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm... Cage could be brighter and larger. Need more toys, especially destructibles (cork, sea grass, soft woods). A swing would be good. Need more perches. The chain on the one toy is overly long and could pose a threat.

Do they get calcium supplements or calcium-rich foods?

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
Hmm... Cage could be brighter and larger. Need more toys, especially destructibles (cork, sea grass, soft woods). A swing would be good. Need more perches. The chain on the one toy is overly long and could pose a threat.

Do they get calcium supplements or calcium-rich foods?
I have tried to give them cuttle bones, but they never take it

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have tried to give them cuttle bones, but they never take it
There is liquid calcium that you can give, or powdered calcium on their food. Broccoli, kale, and collard greens have calcium (use organic and wash before offering).

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
The metal on the blue clip attached to the wooden branch/perch is possibly not bird safe metal and could be toxic to the birds.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You appear to have a bird nesting in your food bowl. If that is a hen, I would remove the bowl and find an alternative.

I can´t quite work out what is the current set up, but the chain that has only one wooden bead and a bell on the second to last pic, should be removed, also, the chain with the ball on last pic needs altered. You could either thread beads on the chain, or leather rope through it, but as it is, it´s not safe (can easily nip toes/toenails.